Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   boating off season activities? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140973-boating-off-season-activities.html)

gotime34 09-20-2006 02:22 PM

Re: boating off season activities?

1 Attachment(s)
This Pretty much sums it up for me...

gotime34 09-20-2006 02:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually this is a little more in the spirit of winter.

Panther 09-20-2006 03:07 PM

Snowboarding, fixing things on the boat, house projects, random trips here and there!

I breathe a sigh of relief in the fall cause the $$ spending season is over...drift thru the fall...go boarding in Jan/Feb, go to a few boat shows, then start b@tching in March that it's still cold... :eek:

rainmn 09-20-2006 03:15 PM

Snowboarding & house projects pretty much sums it up.

Joe 09-20-2006 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
For those of us not fortunate enough to live near year round boating weather...what do you do in the off season?

make a LOT of road trips there!!!! :D

No kidding!

Joe

hammer01 09-20-2006 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
Snowmobile. Nothing like zero to 90mph in 5 seconds.

ABSOLUTELY, WE DO THE SAME PRETTY MUCH EVERY OTHER WEEKEND STARTING DEC. 13TH THIS YEAR I BELIEVE. WHERE DO YOU GUYS GO BRAD? WE HAVE REALLY BEEN ENJOYING HOUGHTON, MI IN THE UPPER PENNINSULA. VERY DIVERSE RIDING AND BEAUTIFUL. I TAKE THE KIDS A LOT TO LAKE GOGEBIC AS WELL. THIS IS THE ONLY SPORT THAT GIVES YOU THE 0-100 MPH IN LESS THAN 15 OR 20 SECONDS THAT IS LEGAL AND GOOD CLEAN FUN. EVERYONE SHOULD TRY IT. HAMMER

onesickpantera 09-20-2006 03:50 PM

I honestly couldn't boat year round. The anticipation of spring and knowing what you will be doing for the next twelve weekends is a great feeling! I also enjoy the change of seasons.

I used to snowmobile until I started a snowmobile biz and got burned out. Starting to get the itch again so I may break down and buy one if there's any money left over after I pay Uncle Sam! :rolleyes: :mad:

This is some footage from last year while I was riding a buddie's sled.

VIDEO

stecz20 09-20-2006 03:54 PM

i stay up late on oso and break everyones balls..... :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

Wobble 09-20-2006 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
i stay up late on oso and break everyones balls..... :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

Aint that the truth :evilb: :drink: :D

Magic Medicine 09-20-2006 04:38 PM

Try to save some money and anticipant going snowmobiling in Northern Michigan when mother nature cooperates. I try to go riding at least every other weekend, if not every weekend.