Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/14111-update-opinions-wanted-donzi-severely-blistering.html)

CigBoat 10-23-2001 09:59 PM

I have tried emailing Donzi four times in the past three months I wanted to tour the factory while in Sarasota over the holidays I told them I was interested in a 33 or 38 ZX. After you send them an email it says be it may take a while to get back to you THREE MONTHS ???? I want a new boat that has lost of room and is fast I wanted to see exactly how they do it. I am sure I do not want a Donzi after seeing this boat. I guess I will spend 200,000 with a company that takes more pride in what they build!!!!

BryanTuvell 10-24-2001 05:02 AM

Bajaboat, I have went to the factory twice, once as an owner and once prior to, call them and talk to anyone in customer servive. They are slow on email but same day turn around on phone calls, at least that has been my experience.

I saved hundreds in goodies when I went too, jackets, towels, hats, coolies etc... hell they even have Donzi gulf balls and gulf towels!
I also got to check out the 38ZX that was in Charlies Angels.
Good luck.
Bryan

bluellama 10-24-2001 09:38 AM

AudioFn, I am trying hard to understand your post, but I'm just not getting it. I doubt very much that you tried 2 weeks ago to register, and were denied. The Blister-Boy reference is only 8 days old. That being said, you posted once on Donzi.Net, without any supporting information, (a more skeptical person than myself might have assumed it was Chris in disguise), then you just posted, on Donzi.Net, a well thought out, articulate message on why this is becoming a marketing nightmare. I don't expect you to support Donzi, but also realize that while not every OSO member reads Donzi.Net, almost every Donzi.Net member reads OSO. So if you want to bash the company, go ahead, if you want to bash Donzi.Net for supporting the factory, go ahead, but don't try to make it appear that you are being denied access to a public, independant forum.

blue-llama - OSO
boxy - Donzi.Net

PS: in re-reading this, I am aware that my written response does not convey the tone of conversation that we would enjoy, while sharing a 6 pack, anchored in a bay.

stingray 10-24-2001 11:23 AM

Isn't the D-Net mainly a "Classic" owners website anyway?....

Iggy 10-24-2001 12:10 PM

No it's not just for classics. Their board covers all models and years.

I guess one, or more, of us have been posting, anonymously, on the Donzi web site. :rolleyes: Seems their getting worried/paranoid about us.

This is a direct quote from the Donzi board:

"Intruder Alert.. Intruder Alert.. The Enemy's inside the Compound.
If your going to come post on our board, some of you should at least provide your email address in the registration so we can give you our own personal feedback."

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: Iggy ]

bluellama 10-24-2001 01:09 PM

Iggy, that message was written with as much seriousness as Traviss', and WFowl's opening lines to the ladies. :rolleyes:
Wait, maybe that's a wrong example. :D :D

vagrant 10-24-2001 01:55 PM

i'm a member of the donzi . net site If you own a donzi that is a great place to pick up information no matter what year you have. I
have met some great people in that club and all are willing to help .The only thing i have seen with the site is its pretty much all business which being a donzi forum there
is nothing wrong with that .I a have personally met mike miller and in my opinion he is a great representive of donzi and would go out of his way to help when issues arise I
will admit i spend 90% of my time here because of the varity of things that are said
and shown here but if i have a donzi problem i cant get a straight answer out of the donzi site .just my 02

BryanTuvell 10-24-2001 02:15 PM

AUDIOFIN, in reference to the post being deleted on D.Net, it was deleted by my buddy DONZIMAN2 since here on OSO people complained Chris was referenced as the "Blister Boy," he deleted it due to fairness.

A new thread could be started on D.net with a different more respectable title if someone was so inclined. One problem, respectable and professional does not goe hand in hand with this board so why should it there? OSO, the sky is the limit! As it should be. My 2 cents on that!

Hey Vagrant! You liked mighty sharp on the AOTH video with that hot NC boat!
See ya in May!
RECKLESS, does Sunsation have a forum/UBB? Or do they have 100% satisfied customers that have no problems?
Bryan

Audiofn 10-25-2001 12:25 AM

Blue LLama: You are not as smart as you think. As I said, I tried to sign on two weeks ago then again when I heard about blister boy. Then I tried with a different name and it worked. I have also posted more then once on Donzi.net and only once on that string, so be as sketpical as you want to be however all my information can be sapported and I think most of it was. I think all the beer and bong resin is effecting your brain to make rational decisions and see the light at the end of the tunnel. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: As far as my taking a different tact at Donzi.net well you do not go into some one elses back yard and piss all over them. If I posted what I had to say like I do hear on Donzi.net I would get a lot of pissed off people yelling at me and it would be totally unconstructive. Is what I have to say hear harsh yes. However so is the screwing that all the Blister Boys around the word are going through. So you see I was in fact not allowed to post. Was it intentional that they did not want a guy Audiofn on their web site? Maybe. Are they having problems with their web site? Maybe. All I know is when I tried a differnt name I got on no problem. I also made sure everyone knew who I was so that there was no thought of a hidden aggenda.

Jon

BryanTuvell 10-25-2001 06:59 AM

AUDIOFIN, not sure what the deal was, I do know our moderator Scot is a good guy and him blocking you doesn't sound like him, but what do I know, we all take allot of pride in our boats and we all like to speak our minds everywhere, especially on line. OSO is a great site and I spend most of my time here, the Tech Q/A section has helped me out a few times.

Unlike many posts regarding Donzi, I am test driving a brand new 26ZX and possibly moving out of my 22ZX this Sunday. My opinion is they are quality built boats.

I will admit I look forward to Chris's next update if only out of curiousity.
Happy Safe Boating to all...

Bryan
www.hrpa.homestead.com/homepage.html