Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/14111-update-opinions-wanted-donzi-severely-blistering.html)

glassdave 10-26-2001 05:20 PM

no kiddin..... tune in next time for another episode of "These Are The Waves of Our Lives"... :D

110MPH 10-26-2001 08:05 PM

You need to get your atty. involved ASAP.
I have seen this problem many time's on Donzi's.As well as many other chronic problems.
I have seen more Donzi's than anyone
on this site...trust me I have, I cant give
details on why I have, for Job security.
Customer service will not step up till
an attourney gets seriously involved.
Get it resolved quickly as things are
very shakey there right now. (this is not intended to P@#S off anyone or to trash Donzi
its just the truth)

29 OUTLAW 10-26-2001 10:09 PM

Holy Moly

Are you telling us the truth or has 110MPH blinded your judgment?

What do you know about particular boat builders? Please fess up. There are millions and millions of dollars on this board. We need to know.

BryanTuvell 10-26-2001 11:00 PM

RECKLESS, I closed the deal on the new 26ZX today!

110 MPH, if your are who I think you are I hope my good fortune with Donzi continues. I think it will.

I wonder how few other plants are doing these days too, based on the economy and all. I hope the economy gets better soon, I feel for those who are struggling in these times.
It is a buyers market at the moment, and I thought I would never see 7 to 7.2% interest on a marine loan. My other Donzi was at 9.5%, that worked out to be quite a savings for me.

CHRIS, what is the latest, have you made a decision?
Bryan

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: Donzi 22ZX ]

stingray 10-27-2001 02:53 AM

Donzi22zx:
First off you gotta change that post name to something representing a larger rig. Secondly congrats!! You, BillR, and Macklin are gonna be three happy screamin dudes next spring. I understand Dman2 might be thinkin' about another rig as well. Me, I'm happy. My 288 has met all expectations and no hull problems other than my Bennett trimdicators. But Bennett delivered the new ones on tuesday and they're already installed. Extreme Offshore Marine in Havre-De-Grace, MD is gonna pick mine up (my call) for a general once over and winterization (no cost). After all the pounding this summer the only thing I have to show for it is a broken aft bilge pump mount. Not bad ay????... :D :D ;)

110mph do tell my friend. At least send an email and let one of us confess the sins if any.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rick
www.HRPA.homestead.com/homepage.html

genekrause 10-29-2001 12:12 AM

Chris:
Take 110 MPH's advice and seek legal advice. Bring in all your documentation including the posts from this thread, especially 110 MPH's comments. Personally, I think your best opportunity is to deal from a strong position, and that can best be achieved from proper legal advice.

It appears to me that Donzi is in financial trouble. They are putting the company's future at risk by not remedying your problem. They are risking hundreds of thousands of dollars in profit by not offering a workable solution, when all they have to do is make you happy and get your web down. Maybe there isn't any profit to realize, thus not much of a future to worry about at Donzi. So, any short term savings stay in senior management's wallets.

This is sad that a company who was once praised by Fortune Magazine as a company providing one of "The 100 products that America makes best," now doesn't appear on that radar screen.

[ 10-29-2001: Message edited by: KPG ]

Iggy 11-02-2001 12:28 PM

What's been going on with Donzi?
Have you found a transporter to haul the boat to Florida?

[ 11-02-2001: Message edited by: Iggy ]

Iggy 11-07-2001 06:52 AM

This guy hasn't posted for while.
Curious as to whats going on.
Can't access his website either.

I bet this guy is going to disappear from the board now that Donzi is talking to him again.
That's no fair, to use us and the other boards to strong-arm Donzi into action and then ignore us.
Not a thank you, a card, flowers, etc.

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Iggy ]

Audiofn 11-07-2001 09:02 AM

My guess is that he finally hired an atteney and the guy told him to take down the sites and keep quite. I am sure they are working to something and eventually they will get some sort of resolution but we will know nothing till then.

Jon

genekrause 11-21-2001 09:20 PM

My guess is that he finally hired an atteney and the guy told him to take down the sites and keep quite.[/B]
Take a look at what can happen with the power of forums like this one. I ran accross this today. It is about a guy in Georgia who complained about service on his car. The car dealer then filed suit against him. The thread quickly grew into the dealers worst nightmare. It's a long thread, but interesting.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=52126&page=1

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: KPG ]