Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/141198-quality-ride-36-baja-vs-35-fountain.html)

Downtown42 09-26-2006 01:43 PM

Re: Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

well stated thisistank :evilb:

IrishJer 09-26-2006 01:45 PM

If you really want an awesome offshore boat a 38 Formula FASTech is the way to go :D ....they were built for the rough water, but if I had to choose I would go with the Fountain. I'm kind of a speed nut....

BajaRunner 09-26-2006 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by IrishJer
If you really want an awesome offshore boat a 38 Formula FASTech is the way to go :D ....they were built for the rough water, but if I had to choose I would go with the Fountain. I'm kind of a speed nut....

one post wonder
:rolleyes:

BajaRunner 09-26-2006 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
I don't think I've ever heard someone say they disliked their Baja after owing one.

I used to like mine, but since it broke in half going 40mph through 1 foot waves, im trading in both broken pieces in on a beakboat :evilb: :D :evilb:

LostCowboy 09-26-2006 02:48 PM

I had a 2002 33 Outlaw w/ 502's and then a 2004 35 Lightning w/ 525's. I believe the Fountain brand is more prestigious but for LOTO I believe the Baja is a better choice. Both are production boats. Both have the same mechanical equipment (Mercury engines and drives), but the Baja is a much larger boat both in LOA and especially in the cockpit. The 33 and 36 Outlaws have huge cockpits.

That said, both brands are great. You won't go wrong with either one and I doubt you would notice much difference in the ride of either, both ride great. Happy shopping!

LostCowboy 09-26-2006 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by mpally
What is the top speed with this setup? I think the 500efi's are a better match. That should run mid 70's right?

When I bought my 33, I test drove a 36 with 500's and could hit no more than 71. On the lake in March (cold air and water), half tank of fuel 4 guys. The top speed was a little disappointing but getting on plane and mid-range punch was alot of fun.

tblrklakemo 09-26-2006 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by IrishJer

Thanks, I had no idea. I thought these guys were talking about pontoon boats.

thisistank 09-26-2006 03:52 PM

BajaRunner....Did you get my PM reference the Tiger?

BajaRunner 09-26-2006 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
BajaRunner....Did you get my PM reference the Tiger?

I did, sorry i didnt get back to you bro. that is a good deal. Ill pm you back

OkieTunnel 09-26-2006 11:03 PM

I am minding your original question but have to woneder why you are looking at bajas for a smoother ride and not cig. In every Poker Run I have been involved in their have never ever been any Bajas toward the front. There have been Fountains and when the water is rough their have been Cigs but there are never any Bajas. Fountain is a good fast boat. Cigs may be better when the water gets rough. Bajas are not in the same league. If you really want a smooth boat buy a Black Thunder and be done.