Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

Notices

Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

Old 09-26-2006, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

Originally Posted by OkieTunnel
I am minding your original question but have to woneder why you are looking at bajas for a smoother ride and not cig.
$$$$$$$$$
Old 09-27-2006, 07:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mpally
$$$$$$$$$
Yes but didn't you know....you'll make money on any cig you sell So you can't lose.

Just kidding, but if you want the ride go for the Baja. I just traded my 33 Outlaw for a 36 and love it. Is it slower than my brothers 35 executioner? Obviosly, but I like the ride and the room in the 36 and it also looks like an old school offshore boat. But thats just me and my taste everbody has to justify the tradeoffs for themselves. As far as quality, my boat uses all the major suppliers that Cig uses; Merc, Livorisi, McCloud, K-planes, Latham Steering, etc. Its a heavy boat so I can't imagine they skimped on the glass or resin. I have never seen one come apart. I also owned a 29 Fountain and it was a fine boat' just didn't have the room I wanted.
Attached Thumbnails Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain-dsc05422.jpg  
Old 09-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mpally
Which one is a better ride in rough water? The quality of ride is #1. I know that this isn't comparing the same size boats, but has anyone rode in both? What about a 38 Fountain compared to the 36 Outlaw?

I bought my 36 Outlaw with 500's new in 2002 and a good friend owned a 2001 38 Fountain with 575's at the time.

Side by side the 36 looks bigger, with the bolt on swim platform it is actually a few inches longer overall.

There is more room in the cockpit and the cuddy of the 36 Outlaw over the Fountain.

My top speed stock was 74 on GPS. His top speed was 92 on the Speedo. He would not let you carry a GPS on his boat?

As for ride the Baja rode a lot better in rough conditions. He will tell you the same. If room and ride are important you will be happier with the Baja. If you want speed then Fountain rules.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been in both boats, I would say the Baja has a slight edge in comfort of ride.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I was comparing the 38 Fountain in my post above. As for the 35 Fountain there is no comparision in ride quality. The 36 Outlaw is hands down the best ride.

I have riden and driven three different 35 Fountains and ride was my biggest complaint with them.

I will say that I got to stretch one out on the Miami boat show poker run last year with five people on board and it did really handle well at speed going across Biscayne Bay.

We ran with a buddy just this last weekend in Charleston with a 35 and ride was a topic we discussed at dinner Saturday night. It was rough in the harbor that morning and he did not hang well with me in the 36 or another buddy in a Baja 33 Outlaw.

Look at these pictures and you wil see why the Fountain is so fast and why the Baja will ride better.

The 35 Fountain is the fourth boat out between my 36 Outlaw and a 33 Outlaw.

The top of the windshield in below to top of my dash. They punch a much smaller whole through the air and have less wetted surface. Very nice boats, but you have to sacrafice something for the speed.
Attached Thumbnails Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain-jacksonville-2006-468.jpg   Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain-jacksonville-2006-478.jpg   Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain-jacksonville-2006-475.jpg  

Old 09-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The fountain is a better boat. Built for offshore abuse and will hold together better than a baja. The proof is in their racing program, they have a proven hull design. In saying that you are also not looking at the same amount of money. A baja is a nice boat for the money. A fountain is a better boat for more money.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bmanafort
The fountain is a better boat. Built for offshore abuse and will hold together better than a baja. The proof is in their racing program, they have a proven hull design. In saying that you are also not looking at the same amount of money. A baja is a nice boat for the money. A fountain is a better boat for more money.
Maybe a few years ago. I have found quite a few 35, 38, and 42 used Fountains that are comparable in price to a 36 Outlaw. The used boat market is good for buyers and I have seen unbelievable prices. For example, a 1999 42 Fountain with 500EFI's in the $110's.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reckless32
Who cares! Go ride them both and make a decision on your own. Your perspective of what a great ride is will be just as different as our viewpoints obviously are. Don't forget about the other things you'd like in a boat when considering them, not to mention which is in better shape? Serious issues will break your spirit.
I agree....and maybe ride in a few others too.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JS232
No beak, no pad, no steps, no bull no sh@##t
And that's why it's so damn slow.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OkieTunnel
I am minding your original question but have to woneder why you are looking at bajas for a smoother ride and not cig. In every Poker Run I have been involved in their have never ever been any Bajas toward the front. There have been Fountains and when the water is rough their have been Cigs but there are never any Bajas. Fountain is a good fast boat. Cigs may be better when the water gets rough. Bajas are not in the same league. If you really want a smooth boat buy a Black Thunder and be done.

Which ROUGH WATER poker runs are you referring to?

Quick Reply: Quality of ride 36 Baja vs. 35 Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.