Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   On Board Vid / Turbine Cat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/141418-board-vid-turbine-cat.html)

Panther 09-27-2006 11:17 AM

Re: On Board Vid / Turbine Cat

Unbelievable! Can't believe how hard they pulled on the competition! :cool:

I want Turbines!!

Joe Todesca 09-27-2006 11:42 AM

Marc I am disappointed we did not meet up this season . I have been following reports of you and Scott's progress with the boat ( very impressive). I to am leaning the power behind turbine's. Its unreal the way air gets sucked out of the canopy. I do think there not for everyone because we once took out a very season fisherman and boats man and at 155mph he was screaming his head off to stop. Jo

Anarchy Powerboats 09-27-2006 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Joe Todesca
I do think there not for everyone because we once took out a very season fisherman and boats man and at 155mph he was screaming his head off to stop. Jo

hahahah, I can hear it now, STOPPPPPPP, MOMMMMMMAAAAA HELLLLLPPP!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Joe Todesca 09-27-2006 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
hahahah, I can hear it now, STOPPPPPPP, MOMMMMMMAAAAA HELLLLLPPP!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

It was more like " I HAVE KIDS" our response was" SHUT UP SO DO WE" !!!!!!!!!!!

KNOT-RIGHT 09-27-2006 12:45 PM

That video is truly Awsome!!!

Makes me wonder why I derigged my turbine 46. Come to think. I remember....My wife would have pulled
the remaining here out of my head at speed. :D

Heres to Safe Sex and boating :drink:

sakoutis3 09-27-2006 01:14 PM

Those little bitty helicopter motors ain't chit. :cool: I know where you can get some used f-14 motors. :eek: Try a pair of them you wouldn't need out drives. :evilb: :evilb:

Nice boat can't wait to se it run in person. :D :D :D

Maximus 09-27-2006 01:16 PM

You guys crack me up!!! here's to sex and jet fuel!!

I'm glad you liked it. We'll put together some more footage like this for our OSO team.

Turbines are quiet..imagine what it sounds like inside Bud,CRC,Cintron.

Hey Joe, Love to have that turbine come out and play.

Sak, Stop by the pit's and scotty or I will give you the tour. beer's on us.

Marc

Brad Zastrow 09-27-2006 03:10 PM

I have a full canopy boat. They are very noisy from the hull vibrations and engine harmonics. The exhaust noise is not an issue at all. We have even won an award for loudest boat at a Poker Run. (not proud of that) I can not hear the exhaust at all. However the 16:71 supercharger whine is loud in the boat. Without headsets it is impossible to talk/yell at speeds over 100. Someday I would like to have one of those screaming turbines just for the reliabilty.

KiloKat 09-27-2006 03:30 PM

Great video guys but I wish you would repost it and let it play for one lap or at least several turns! Thanks in advance. Dave :drink:

ToTheMax 09-27-2006 03:38 PM

Awesome video! I like the different camera positions :cool: