Bobby,

Are you going to run down on Sat????
I've learned never to make plans in advance....anything can happen
Old 10-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Columbus Day Regatta South Florida

Originally Posted by asg
count me in... anyone that wants to leave from Ft Lauderdale let me know and we can all leave from here. You can leave a boat in the water overnight here if you want.
OK, I'm back in town and excited to do this thing. Here's my concerns and questions since I'm a newbie to South Florida boating.
1st, I would love to take ASG up on the overnight offer (if it's still available) and launch the boat Friday night to avoid the crowd. But if I run with you guys from Fort Lauderdale will I be able to keep up without scaring the crap out of my wife and beating up my boat. My boat's pretty fast but it's only a 26 ft so if it's rough I might have trouble running with the big dogs. Would I have to make a morning decision and possibly run the ICW down?
2nd, I also may have guests on Saturday that won't be spending the night. I probably want to have them meet me further down south so it's not so far to bring them back to their car. Where would be a good place to meet somebody that is closer to the event?
Thanks,
Jay
[email protected]
954-478-9535
Old 10-04-2006, 07:56 AM
asg
VIP Member
VIP Member

I still have room for boats. You can stop by Friday if you want. You can always pick people up at the South Beach Marina. I normally run Out Port Everglades and in Govt Cut in Miami and then down the bay. If it is rough I go in at Haulover and run down the bay the rest of the way.

Ft Lauderdale to Haulover is about a 2 hour run down the intercoastal because of all the idle speed zones.

I won't be spending hte night either, but I always make everyone come back to the house.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by asg
I still have room for boats. You can stop by Friday if you want. You can always pick people up at the South Beach Marina. I normally run Out Port Everglades and in Govt Cut in Miami and then down the bay. If it is rough I go in at Haulover and run down the bay the rest of the way.

Ft Lauderdale to Haulover is about a 2 hour run down the intercoastal because of all the idle speed zones.

I won't be spending hte night either, but I always make everyone come back to the house.
Clean out your pm box when you get a chance so I can reply to ya.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:54 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got my seat for Sunday w/ ASG. Wooo Hooo. Can't do Saturday, but I'll make it up on Sunday.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Registered

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails Columbus Day Regatta South Florida-jax06-fpc2.jpg  
Old 10-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com
Got my seat for Sunday w/ ASG. Wooo Hooo. Can't do Saturday, but I'll make it up on Sunday.
find me a ride... or ill just use ur boat
Old 10-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by asg

We're going to go out and watch the boat races Sunday. I'd be prepared to go in Haulover, they're calling for 20-25mph winds over the weekend
Old 10-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Registered

National Weather Service ... NE winds 10 knots Saturday and Sunday
Old 10-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Registered

Hey guys, just bought a new (to me) Formula 311 and I'm thinking about heading down with you guys. But I'm leaning towards Lucky Strike's philosophy...keep the plans flexible
The boat is stored at Hi-Lift in Aventura until I get a trailer and then will be in Pompano.
Heck, if the weather sucks, we could probably have enough boats for our own OSO Regatta!
Thanks,
Michael
Attached Thumbnails Columbus Day Regatta South Florida-hi-lift-311.jpg  

Quick Reply: Columbus Day Regatta South Florida

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.