Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Columbus Day Regatta South Florida (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/141435-columbus-day-regatta-south-florida.html)

tanner 10-04-2006 02:38 PM

Re: Columbus Day Regatta South Florida

Nice ride !! Hope to join up with you on Sat. I think the plan is still to leave around 12 from Port Everglades or earlier if the winds are going to pick up.

ASG... is that still the plan??? whos else is joining for the trip down ??

asg 10-04-2006 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by tanner
Nice ride !! Hope to join up with you on Sat. I think the plan is still to leave around 12 from Port Everglades or earlier if the winds are going to pick up.

ASG... is that still the plan??? whos else is joining for the trip down ??

thats still the plan. if its rough we can run inside from haulover south.

Jim B 10-05-2006 04:28 PM

Hot4teacher I also have a 25 ft boat and new to boating in s. Florida. I would like to go but had the same concerns you do. maybe we could meet up and run down I live in west palm but have no problem trailering south

asg 10-05-2006 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com
Got my seat for Sunday w/ ASG. Wooo Hooo. Can't do Saturday, but I'll make it up on Sunday. :)

I was told I can't take you since you need to put your boat in the water to take dreamer and blee.

:evilb:

Dreamer promised to bring some jewelry from solid gold.

Hot4Teacher 10-05-2006 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jim B
Hot4teacher I also have a 25 ft boat and new to boating in s. Florida. I would like to go but had the same concerns you do. maybe we could meet up and run down I live in west palm but have no problem trailering south

I wanted to take AGV up on the overnight offer but it looks like it's going to be rough. I'm leaning towards putting in somewhere around Haulover on Saturday and meeting up with the big dogs there. What do you guys think? Is there a ramp around Haulover?

Jay

asg 10-05-2006 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Hot4Teacher
I wanted to take AGV up on the overnight offer but it looks like it's going to be rough. I'm leaning towards putting in somewhere around Haulover on Saturday and meeting up with the big dogs there. What do you guys think? Is there a ramp around Haulover?

Jay

There is a ramp at haulover, its just north of the inlet. it will probably be packed, just like all of them.

Hot4Teacher 10-05-2006 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by asg
There is a ramp at haulover, its just north of the inlet. it will probably be packed, just like all of them.

What do you think? Should I just run with you guys from your house or go to the ramp and be patient. Our little Scarab does handle the rough water pretty well for a 26' but I don't want to be stupid.

asg 10-05-2006 07:02 PM

wait and see what the weather does, or you could take the two hour trip down the intracoastal from ft lauderdale to haulover.

tanner 10-06-2006 06:58 AM

Hot4teacher, Jim B , looks like the weather service is calling for less wind on Sat & Sun. There is a ramp on SE 15th St. close to the port and ASG's pad. drop the boat in and make a game time decision. As they said earlier ,if it is rough we can always head in at Haulover and run down the bay.

Are you joining everyone Handfulz28 with the new water taxi ???