Notices

Paint Help

Old 09-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paint Help

Ok Here Is The Deal. I Have Been Going Back And Forth With Dodge On A Paint Issue That Should Be Cover By Warranty. The Shops That I Have Taken It To Say That The Paint Is Not Factory And They Will Not Cover It. Only Problem Is That I Am The Orgimal Owner And The Truck Has Never Been Wrecked Or Re Painted. What Causes This To Happen See Pics. Roof Of Truck, Tail Gate And Starting On Back Drver Door. The Truck Is Stored Inside And Waxed Once A Month.
Attached Thumbnails Paint Help-paint-1.jpg   Paint Help-paint-2.jpg   Paint Help-paint-3.jpg  

Old 09-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Registered

Default Re: Paint Help

just because you purchased it NEW does not mean that has not had paint work. I use to paint new bmw" s for the dealer here in tulsa when they were damaged in transport.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i bought it new i would go to my selling dealer if they did paint work on the truck they should stand behind it then i would contact the manufacture and start complaining
Old 09-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
just because you purchased it NEW does not mean that has not had paint work. I use to paint new bmw" s for the dealer here in tulsa when they were damaged in transport.
I agree ! I occasionally see brand new cars come in our shop that have had paint work done on them that the customer had no clue about. I also agree with mikes280 I would be seeing the dealer that I bought it from new. As far as the question
of what it looks like , It looks to me from the pictures that the roof section has been re-painted & had cheap clear put on it.
Is the roof the only part doing it ?? If so that should tell you that it has been painted. The paint on the roof & hood always takes the most abuse because of the sun however the hood usually takes the most of the two because of the added engine heat.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1 clear coat to thin & 2 sun ultraviolet damage
Old 09-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Registered

Like has been said already, it looks to be the result of not enough clear or very cheap product. Its very possible that the car had damage from transport, lot damage, test drive accident, salesman driving accident, and was put back out on the lot. It actually happens more than one would think with the customer not having a clue at purchase time. I would go to the dealer you purchased it from, and if no luck, contact customer service. Might be worth a try to pull a carfax history on it to see if it shows up prior to you owning it, because a lot of the dealers will just use their insurance policies to cover the damage.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Registered

I Don't Have A Problem With The Truck Being Repainted Prior To The Sale The Problem I Am Having Is That They Are Insisting That I Was The One That Had The Truck Repainted And Will Not Warranty The Work. I Have Gone As High In The Food Chain As I Can Get Without A Lawyer And Can Get Nothing Resolved. This Has Been Going On For A Year Now And The Paint Is Getting Worse. I Could Understand One Place Failing But I Have Spots Like This On The Roof,tailgate,doors,inside Walls Of The Bed. From What I Can Tell It Looks Like The Whole Bed,back Door On Driver Side And Roof Have Been Repainted And A Few Spots On The Hood. My Question Is How Can I Get Something That Proves The Truck Was Painted Prior To The Sale Of It To Me But After The Factory.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DURANGOKID59
Like has been said already, it looks to be the result of not enough clear or very cheap product. Its very possible that the car had damage from transport, lot damage, test drive accident, salesman driving accident, and was put back out on the lot. It actually happens more than one would think with the customer not having a clue at purchase time. I would go to the dealer you purchased it from, and if no luck, contact customer service. Might be worth a try to pull a carfax history on it to see if it shows up prior to you owning it, because a lot of the dealers will just use their insurance policies to cover the damage.
NO LUCK WITH THE ORIGINAL DEALER OR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Registered

Thats what I mean about pulling a carfax on it. If it was claimed through the dealers insurance, there is a chance it will show on the carfax report with a date prior to you owning it. Then I would assume you can show where you purchased it new to prove they painted it previous to you owning it. Then you will have proof you didnt have it painted. Worth a shot I guess.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

definite clear failure.I would park it out front of the dealer(were ever it is legal) with a huge sign stating dealer wont repair. car is a lemon on a busy weekend and see what happens.

Quick Reply: Paint Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.