Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to... >

For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

Notices

For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

Old 09-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

im thinking about buying a 31 decathalon cig with eggbeater so stecz can keep up with me actually im thinking of taking a 31 to costa rica and leaving the mich boat here.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dean,
That was my other option...just keep the Formula and buy a 17-20' CC for skiing, tubing and occassional fishing. But, then, I still have the space issue on the Formula, especially when my wife likes to invite another family with their kids for an outing to Cayo Costa or Marco! It just seems like a 55-60 MPH Center Console with lots of cockpit space could be the answer. Although, the Formula's just look way better!
Old 09-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Here's the planet's meanest CC! I would definitely give up the Nordic for this.
Dean
Attached Thumbnails For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...-mystic-sl700.jpg  
Old 09-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Banned

It just ain't the same. I have had the same 18 cc I bought new in 1988, I watched them build it. Granted, it's not a 30+something footer, but it's just so versatile, I'll never sell it. I thought I was going to a few months ago, and had some offers, but it's the only boat that I KNOW will start up and run every single time. In 18 years, I've never been towed in with it. I repowered in 2001, not because there was anything wrong with the original engine, it was because I was a dumbass, and ordered it with a 120, thinking about economy. What a mistake. It had to work twice as hard to get on a plane. I had a buddy with a very similar boat with a 150, he was faster, and got better econonmy. I learned then to get the biggest motor it's rated for. I've been 45 miles out in the gulf fishing, one battery, no radio and didn't worry. I've also pulled skiers, kneeboards, and fished the flats with it. Also, when going somewhere to swim or whatever, it's a whole lot easier to get in and out of, plus just hose it out.

That being said, I still enjoy riding in a real offshore type boat better.
Attached Thumbnails For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...-7-3-001-small-.jpg   For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...-7-3-012.jpg   For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...-a1a-small-.jpg  

Old 09-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Registered

Concepts Boats are coming to a dealer in Chicago for the first time.
I am sure this particular dealer will make the announcement very soon.
Get Ready for a Midwest Invasion of Concept Boats Performance Center Consoles.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Registered

38zf donzi is the way to go.. trip 250s and gene/air/tv/dvd and a range that can get to most of the island that we and the family want to go to
Old 09-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Registered

I just started to look at what Donzi and Fountain have to offer. They seem to be priced alot more realistic than some of the others mentioned earlier!
Old 09-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

Have you gone through a Concept yet? If not , you need to.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I might have been the 1st on OSO to switch to a CC from a go fast. I 1st bought a 33/36 Concept in October of 2003 and then switched over to a 38TE Fountain with triple 275 Verado's in September on 2006.
The Fountain is self bailing and the Concept is not. The Concept ate a lot of batteries and a few bildge pumps pumping out rain and the water from the on board shower. In a CC I would NOT get a boat that is NOT self bailing. However I think Concept will build a self bailing boat...not sure though. Some CC can be a wet ride however my 38 TE Fountain is super dry. There are a lot of sporty CC builder out there right now so be careful of what you buy as they all look really good but have hiden faults...in other words do your homework!
The cons of a performance CC is much much much and I can;t say much enough less maintanance with the over all boat and the engines. Also shallow water is no problem even in my 38TE Fountain I can get through 2 feet of water at idle no problem. Also my gas mileage with the new modern outboards is better too. I have a 425 gallon gas tank and can cruise at 50mph for many many miles.
Just ask some of those on the last OPBA Sarasota Poker Run how well the 38TE Fountain ran when the water kicked up in the bay!
Old 09-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-10826.html

Quick Reply: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.