Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/141495-those-you-have-switched-offshore.html)

LEOPAJM 09-28-2006 02:05 PM

Re: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Z06vette
Check out the Spectre 24, it's got a great layout and runs really good from what I here.

:evilb:

THE BULL 09-28-2006 03:40 PM

There have been a few Adrenaline 38s built.......I know also there have been a few 31s built as well

offshoresman- I made up a new word?!

cgarrett 09-28-2006 05:51 PM

I have had 2 center consoles.
I started boating on a 24 Baja Outlaw.
Second boat was a 1987 Cigarette 31 Decathlon with tripple Mercury 220's. I still regret selling this boat. Great in rough water. Lots of room to move. Cabin room was ok for two but just a place to lay down. Hull was the same as the Bullet. very unique boat with not many made.

I then bought a 24 Superboat that I loved and the wife hated.
Nothing was wrong with the boat but it always wanted to run fast even in rough water and I was laughing and she was crying so this was not going to work.

My current boat is a 2001 Baja 34 Islander (Sport Fish) with Twin Mercury 250 EFI Saltwater Series. Had one summer with this boat. Has more room in the cabin then the Cig. Also the Front seat of the center console lifts up and has a pretty big area that you can step down and use a porta potti or use the area for storage. Has fish boxes on both side of the floors that you can put stuff in. It is self bailing. This boat has a top that is nice to get out of the sun along with a full canopy cover for storage.
We go to the sandbar, fish, and overnite on the boat so it is good for all around fun. There are a lot of boats that are flashier and built tougher but I had a price range to meet and it is a lot of boat for the money.

Now with that said...........The wife is now wanting a bigger cabin with A/C. I can't blame her on this one as we stay on the boat a lot of weekends in the summer. Neither of the center consoles had a hatch to open so this is something to think about. If you go someplace with friends overnite there is really no place for them to sleep so you give up your bed and sleep on that roomy floor outside and pray that it does not rain.
Having a padded engine hatch cover to lay/sit on is also nice.

Just like anything there are pros and cons..........

Cordell

Cevert 09-28-2006 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by cgarrett
The wife is now wanting a bigger cabin with A/C. I can't blame her on this one as we stay on the boat a lot of weekends in the summer. Neither of the center consoles had a hatch to open so this is something to think about. If you go someplace with friends overnite there is really no place for them to sleep so you give up your bed and sleep on that roomy floor outside and pray that it does not rain.
Having a padded engine hatch cover to lay/sit on is also nice.

You are describing the ME 37 Cabin and the reason Mason told me he built it.

FeverMike 09-28-2006 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by formula1
What did "FeverMike" mean by this? I think he meant to say that the maintenence is much less on a outboard powered CC.

Do the Concepts have a forward cuddy?

Sorry to confuse you...what I meant was CC w/ outboards can get into shallow water such as close to the beach easier than a I/O and CC's are easier to take car of than a typical I/O go-fast style boat.

Yes the 32 and 36 Concept have a forward cuddy with a V-Birth and 2 facing couches.

see ya

cuda 09-28-2006 09:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by formula1

Do the Renegade have a forward cuddy?

Johno's 29 Renegade has a small forward cuddy.

Spicy 09-29-2006 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by cuda
Johno's 29 Concept has a small forward cuddy.

Cuda, that is a 29 Renegade not a Concept..... :eek: :D

GregP 09-29-2006 07:38 AM

I miss the sound of the big blocks. I love the ease of work on the outboards, though they are harder to find problems on and parts can be pricey. Fuel use is about the same. Overall the CC is much more practicle, less maintenance and better suited to my use if not my ego.

cuda 09-29-2006 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Spicy
Cuda, that is a 29 Renegade not a Concept..... :eek: :D

Thanks, change noted. You would think I should know his boat. He was my best boatin' buddy in St Pete. Brain Fade. :(

cuda 09-29-2006 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by GregP
Overall the CC is much more practicle, .

I don't think the words "pratical", and "boat" should ever be used in the same sentence. :drink: