Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Nneed Exhaust Gasket Asap! Help Parts Guys! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/141496-nneed-exhaust-gasket-asap-help-parts-guys.html)

jeff32 09-27-2006 01:17 PM

Nneed Exhaust Gasket Asap! Help Parts Guys!

I have the original Mercruiser exhaust from 1989 454-420. Apparently they are (gaskets) discontinued, according to 3 merc dealer here. I need 4 gaskets, those between the manifold and the riser.They are big rectangular gasket, maybe 1/4 thick, with many holes each one beside the other hole, all the way around the gasket. It's made out of a kind of rubber just like a tire tube.

This may be the reason a could not go to Lake George run next week and I don't feel like missing this for 4 gaskets...

Pm me if you have that, or if you know someone who could have this, or if someone even has a good used set!

Thanks guys for your help!

otis311 09-27-2006 01:28 PM

Re: Nneed Exhaust Gasket Asap! Help Parts Guys!

someone will come thru for you. You need to be in LG !!

Try the tech section also

Sydwayz 09-27-2006 01:37 PM

Did you try www.bammarine.com ?

DRIPPINWETII 09-27-2006 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by jeff32
I have the original Mercruiser exhaust from 1989 454-420. Apparently they are (gaskets) discontinued, according to 3 merc dealer here. I need 4 gaskets, those between the manifold and the riser.They are big rectangular gasket, maybe 1/4 thick, with many holes each one beside the other hole, all the way around the gasket. It's made out of a kind of rubber just like a tire tube.

This may be the reason a could not go to Lake George run next week and I don't feel like missing this for 4 gaskets...

Pm me if you have that, or if you know someone who could have this, or if someone even has a good used set!

Call Bob @ vt home and marine He may be able to help
802-658-5427

Panther 09-27-2006 01:40 PM

You can't use a new style riser gasket??

TomFTM 09-27-2006 02:00 PM

Can you post a picture?

CPPerformance 09-27-2006 03:04 PM

How many bolts hold down this gasket, 4 or 6? Some dimensions or a picture would also help us in getting the right gasket for you.

jeff32 09-27-2006 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by TomFTM
Can you post a picture?

i HAVE SOMEONE GONE TO PICK ONE UP AT MY ENGINE BUILDER AND i'LL POST PICTURES LATER.

jeff32 09-27-2006 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
looks like 6 bolts. Here is the picture. Could not find these on Bam Marine.

el indio 09-27-2006 05:05 PM

call mel riggs........riggs marine.......1-920-872-2728--------