Whats up with all the BS...?? >

Whats up with all the BS...??

Notices

Whats up with all the BS...??

Old 09-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Whats up with all the BS...??

Originally Posted by tweakinit
I know everyone has their own side of the story, but...

I thought this forum was a place where people that loved boats could get together and associate with other people that loved boats, and share stories and knowledge, and maybe even buy and sell a few things.

There have been several threads and posts lately about deals going wrong, and I just don't understand why. The people that are not coming through with their side of the deal, or who don't practice good business and social ethics are ruining the integrity of this forum. You guys make doing any kind of legit business on this forum difficult because you are destroying the bond that brings us together here.

Get your sh*t straight or get out.
it sucks, alot of people get burned via online as well as these online forums.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ratman
i too have made some great friends via oso, i had the most fun ive had in years at loto with some truley wonderful people from the oso family that i had never met in person. it seems the marine industry like many others has its share of unethical people. i heard of the bad business section here on oso but it was put out to pasture before i joined the site for some reason or another. i took me almost a year to figure out who the class acts are as far as engine builders go here on oso. i have seen people on oso jump at the chance to help a fellow oso when he's in a time of need, like todds cig raffle, or moving a boat or picking up parts etc, just to help an oso brother out, i was amazed by some of the wonderful things ive seen some oso'ers do for each other, like when i was looking for a ride to loto from st louis, freedom 1 offered me and my buddy a ride in his private plane from kc to loto...how cool is that? then on the other hand you hear of stories about guys like good t that presented them selves as white hat kinda of guys until they're in a position to benefit finacially by taking advantage of another oso'er to make a quick buck. it seems these type of people dont have the forsight to see that its a small world due to the internet and they will soon be found out and no one will do business with them in the future, not that its a great loss as the offshore community will be better off with out them in the long run!
Wow Phil, you almost made me cry with your sentiments
just kidding your right on cept you left out your OSO sista's
Old 09-28-2006, 09:41 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tweakinit
I know everyone has their own side of the story, but...

I thought this forum was a place where people that loved boats could get together and associate with other people that loved boats, and share stories and knowledge, and maybe even buy and sell a few things.

There have been several threads and posts lately about deals going wrong, and I just don't understand why. The people that are not coming through with their side of the deal, or who don't practice good business and social ethics are ruining the integrity of this forum. You guys make doing any kind of legit business on this forum difficult because you are destroying the bond that brings us together here.

Get your sh*t straight or get out.
I agree with your sentiments, but two posts! are you a long time lurker? Get posting
Old 09-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

I have both bought and sold quite a few things via OSO and have NEVER had a problem with anyone. Now, is that because I was lucky or because I did my homework before engaging in a deal, who knows!

My .02 cents....

Joe

P.S. Not to mention, made a LOT of good friends along the way!!! Even a few Apache guys!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Well for one.....all the threads get deleted anyway and we never find out what the real story is...

Whether it be good or bad, some closure would be nice!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
The work I do from 4:30AM to 7:00AM is what allowed me to go from a Cafe (like Stecz) to a Tiger ...
Yeah, I gotta have my Network Admin block the OSO domain so I can focus on work and close some more deals!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Registered

2 posts ? Yup sounds like more bs to me too
Old 09-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Yup 2 posts ain't going nowhere as far as credibility on here. If you can't stand the heat , get out of the kitchen!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
The work I do from 4:30AM to 7:00AM is what allowed me to go from a Cafe (like Stecz) to a Tiger ...
lmao!!
Old 09-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright guys....I wasn't trying to beat anyone up, and I certainly won't allow a few bad apples to ruin the bunch.

There is a world of knowledge here, and I too have met many fine people through OSO. I appreciate each and every thread. As for my posts...I really don't have the boating technical knowledge to offer any valuable input, so I have preferred to keep quit, listen, and learn.

I started the thread because I am aggravated that some people would consider "stealing" from a fellow OSO member. I just don't see any point in tarnishing your name for a few bucks.

Quick Reply: Whats up with all the BS...??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.