Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   radar run on the Potomac (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/141657-radar-run-potomac.html)

velocitykid 10-11-2006 10:20 AM

Re: radar run on the Potomac

i have been told the checkmate will be there, so it looks like he is the man to beat if thay can keep a belt on the fountian,there are also some other 100+ v bottoms in the area to watch out for

Shah Mat 10-11-2006 10:27 AM

Crap.... I can't make it. I am coaching my daughter's soccer team and we have a make-up game @ 9am. Oh well, my daughter is more important than smelling testosterone and racing fuel early Saturday morning.

dreamboater 10-11-2006 11:46 AM

I thought that 29 ran around 90?? More motor work done I guess??

Bullhead 10-11-2006 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by rackster
What did it take to win the fastest, single engine v, last year??? I want to know... because it might not be worth our time to put new plugs in the motor for this weekend :evilb: . I guess if the Velocity was the only competition, we can coast through the gun. :rolleyes: Let's see what everyone has, it is the end of the season, what better time? By the way... the pole will NOT be in the boat (it's too cold for proper dance attire :evilb: )

guess your right...something moist might get stuck on a cold metal pole :evilb:

docmanrich37 10-11-2006 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bullhead
guess your right...something moist might get stuck on a cold metal pole :evilb:

LOL.

rackster 10-11-2006 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by dreamboater
I thought that 29 ran around 90?? More motor work done I guess??

That was before dialing in the air/fuel ratio. Also in "Poker Run" trim, with small prop, luggage, cooler, and STRIPPER POLE. Still working out a couple issues :( . However we should be ready for Saturday :D ! Let's hope for some cool, dry weather, with about 10-15 mph breeze.
Come on down Rich, we always come to see you in the Spring!!!

docmanrich37 10-11-2006 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by rackster
That was before dialing in the air/fuel ratio. Also in "Poker Run" trim, with small prop, luggage, cooler, and STRIPPER POLE. Still working out a couple issues :( . However we should be ready for Saturday :D ! Let's hope for some cool, dry weather, with about 10-15 mph breeze.
Come on down Rich, we always come to see you in the Spring!!!

I'll be there bright and early sat. morning with my 12 mph slower boat.Splashing the boat at leesylvania around 7:30am and heading down to Tims 2.
Tell the girls to put on some chap stick so they don't get stuck on the stripper pole since it will be a little nipply. :D

seltzer 10-11-2006 07:17 PM

Talked to Olivo (checkmate) he plans on running on low boost with pump gas and a little squeeze. He thinks with his new 600 in motor he should not have a problem running 105 or so. Frank got the bugs worked out on his new STV today, im still trying to talk him into going as well. Martin is just gonna flip a coin to decide what boat to bring. Susan said if i bring the Obsession she will go, so i guess ill be in the Talon unless she can hitch a ride on Randys Fountain. Every day I check the weather it gets one or two degrees warmer. 60s would be nice.

charlie 28 10-12-2006 07:42 AM

I be there agian ,Had a great time, good people .If anyone has a outboard cat bring it.For you guy's in the tri-state area it only takes 4 to 5 hours could be last time you can run your boat.This is a chance to see how fast your going.

dreamboater 10-12-2006 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by seltzer
Talked to Olivo (checkmate) he plans on running on low boost with pump gas and a little squeeze. He thinks with his new 600 in motor he should not have a problem running 105 or so. Frank got the bugs worked out on his new STV today, im still trying to talk him into going as well. Martin is just gonna flip a coin to decide what boat to bring. Susan said if i bring the Obsession she will go, so i guess ill be in the Talon unless she can hitch a ride on Randys Fountain. Every day I check the weather it gets one or two degrees warmer. 60s would be nice.

Tell Frank to trailer that STV to fairview. Then again, seems to be a little competition in twin engine V.......maybe he should bring the hustler??