Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: radar run on the Potomac

Yes
Old 10-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to thank the organizers of this event. Even though the turn out was small, the boats that ran were impressive! Congratulations to Jon, in the 25 Checkmate, for winning the single engine v class (110 mph ). We didn't have a chance, in the 29' Fountain (102.4 mph). I also wanted to give a special congratulations to Docmanrich, for winning the twin engine v class (although still 4 mph slower than the Fountain )
Old 10-16-2006, 05:45 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rackster
I want to thank the organizers of this event. Even though the turn out was small, the boats that ran were impressive! Congratulations to Jon, in the 25 Checkmate, for winning the single engine v class (110 mph ). We didn't have a chance, in the 29' Fountain (102.4 mph). I also wanted to give a special congratulations to Docmanrich, for winning the twin engine v class (although still 4 mph slower than the Fountain )
You had to go there didn't ya. I stredded a blower belt and the intercooler strainer keeps leaking at high speed and i had to much fuel so those are my excuses.That's at least 6-8 mph.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:04 AM
Registered

I was shocked how steady that 29 fountain looked at those speeds. I have seen John run tons of times, and he is usually all over the place. Great job!!
Old 10-16-2006, 07:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamboater
I was shocked how steady that 29 fountain looked at those speeds. Great job!!
Have to agree with that.
Old 10-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Registered

That Fountain Was Very Inpressive And The Eliminator Was A Shock! Wish There Were More Boats Maybe Next Year.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
You had to go there didn't ya. I stredded a blower belt and the intercooler strainer keeps leaking at high speed and i had to much fuel so those are my excuses.That's at least 6-8 mph.

I'm surprised you could keep the tears out of your eyes long enough to write that .....how much did you have to pay the guy operating the gun .....I got some good video of your runs when I transfer them to DVD I'll send you a copy...have fun in KW
Old 10-16-2006, 12:22 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Bullhead
I'm surprised you could keep the tears out of your eyes long enough to write that .....how much did you have to pay the guy operating the gun .....I got some good video of your runs when I transfer them to DVD I'll send you a copy...have fun in KW
Mark the only reason i had tears in my eyes is because you told me your hot wife didn't make it to the run. and i didn't have to pay the radar guy anything cause i showed him a pic of Nancy.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:34 PM
Registered

Rich, just trying to finish what you started at the table on Saturday. I think that we all should be proud of our runs. I know that you have a couple mph left to dial out of yours, and I know that we can gain a couple mph with prop changes and balance of the boat. I also want to thank Tyler Crockett, again. He has helped with dialing in the motor, and stood behind all of the accessories that he provided with the engine (even though Tyler purchased them from a vender) . The boat is finally where we can find it's full potential. I also want to say that the boat's owner/driver has a lot to do with getting the boat to this speed. Not everyone can or should drive a 29' Fountain to these speeds. It takes a lot of seat time as well as "driving experience" and "intuition" in order to run this or any small V at these speeds. Everyone needs to remember this and be careful in our quest to obtain 100+ mph runs!
Old 10-17-2006, 05:15 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rackster
Rich, just trying to finish what you started at the table on Saturday. I think that we all should be proud of our runs. I know that you have a couple mph left to dial out of yours, and I know that we can gain a couple mph with prop changes and balance of the boat. I also want to thank Tyler Crockett, again. He has helped with dialing in the motor, and stood behind all of the accessories that he provided with the engine (even though Tyler purchased them from a vender) . The boat is finally where we can find it's full potential. I also want to say that the boat's owner/driver has a lot to do with getting the boat to this speed. Not everyone can or should drive a 29' Fountain to these speeds. It takes a lot of seat time as well as "driving experience" and "intuition" in order to run this or any small V at these speeds. Everyone needs to remember this and be careful in our quest to obtain 100+ mph runs!
Thats great about Tyler for you all but i wish he would get the problem fixed for me about exhaust that fed ex screwed up that issue is getting old.You are right about not everyone should drive a 29 that fast.The boat looked good going down the water even for a beak.

Quick Reply: radar run on the Potomac

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.