Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   who owns the yacht "FLORIDIAN" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/141766-who-owns-yacht-floridian.html)

offshoredrillin 10-01-2006 07:50 PM

Re: who owns the yacht "FLORIDIAN"

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Im closed on Sundays :evilb: :evilb:

lol, it's ok, my phone rings all the time, i'm getting a set of 24's...:D..how did you do on the hot toddy?

tanner 10-01-2006 08:06 PM

Huizenga owns it, it is around 230 feet or so

DPT MOTORSPORTS 10-01-2006 08:08 PM

Joker Powerboats,

Sunday Money was Dale Earnhardt's yacht. Not sure if the family owns it still or not.

Jupiter Sunsation 10-01-2006 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Saw it anchored in Annapolis today, beautiful boat with a helicopter on it with a miami dolphins logo. Any idea who owns it?

That is Wayne Huizenga's boat. It is named after the private golf club he owns in Stuart, FL. It is a private club with no members, you have know Wayne to play there!

For you yacht sleuths, this boat was formerly Aussie Rules and at 228 ft was one of the top 100 biggest yachts in the world. Originally built for Greg Norman the golfer.

drypipetiger 10-01-2006 08:10 PM

FLORIDIAN 228'0"
While some people were shocked a few months ago that golfer and entrepreneur Greg Norman sold this yacht, then known as Aussie Rules, to Wayne Huizenga of Blockbuster Entertainment and Miami Dolphins fame, Norman and his wife always thought of the yacht as an investment that they’d part with at some point. As for Huizenga, he had the yacht honor some summer charters in the Mediterranean that had been booked prior to the sale. (In fact, we hear actor Denzel Washington and his wife Paulette were among such guests.) He wants to add a helicopter pad and guest accommodations and at presstime was still reviewing refit-yard options.

Jupiter Sunsation 10-01-2006 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Joker Powerboats,

Sunday Money was Dale Earnhardt's yacht. Not sure if the family owns it still or not.

See the boat behind Teresa's house every weekend. The boat is moored next to his other boat, sportfish named "the intimidator"

Racegirl3 10-01-2006 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
i am surprised you didn't know this? it was jr's daddy's....

:rolleyes: I KNOW who it belonged to, he asked if we'd ever seen it :p :D

DPT MOTORSPORTS 10-01-2006 08:22 PM

I believe if my memory serves me correct Huizenga owns a few of these big yachts. A few years back they were all docked on the outer dock at Bahia Marr. Forget the names on the ones that were there all the time but was told by the crew that who's they were.

jtmiller02 10-01-2006 08:45 PM

yeah its pretty nice, it was down in STT this spring, personally i like this one

THEJOKER 10-01-2006 08:50 PM

Yea i've seen DE's boat , house , etc. Still docked.