Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ARPRO DRAGON Wins UIM P1 Championship (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/141814-arpro-dragon-wins-uim-p1-championship.html)

CIG3 10-02-2006 10:12 AM

ARPRO DRAGON Wins UIM P1 Championship

Information started coming in yesterday afternoon from Scott and Craig. They reported that the ARPRO (Dragon) won the UIM P1 Champoionship. More info to come

Anarchy Powerboats 10-02-2006 11:38 AM

Re: ARPRO DRAGON Wins UIM P1 Championship

Those guys have been killin it big style all season, congrats to ARPRO :drink:

ssmith76 10-02-2006 01:22 PM

Congrats To the Sheldons

Dragon would like the Thank you both for doing a outstanding job in Europe. You are both nuts like we used to be, running in 12' seas. Keep it up. Hopefully see you in Key West.
Scott

Race was in Portugal (Lisbon)
First place Saterday, only had to finish Sunday. finished the Grand Prix 2nd Overall
UIM P-1 World Champions.

Special Thanks to Grants Custom Rigging in Ft. Lauderdale , FL he rigged one hell of a Race Boat for Dragon and the Sheldons. By far the finest Rigger in the US.
Clean class act, check him out.

MANITIE 10-02-2006 01:25 PM

Congrats....Great job.....now get that monster to Key West....

Sean H 10-02-2006 01:44 PM

on the speedvision coverage of the formula one race in china they showed a clip of that boat and one of the f1 drivers getting to wheel it..... they mentioned it was a mercury racing 525 diesel engine.... :rolleyes:

other than that, good advertising for the sport.... :cool:

ssmith76 10-02-2006 01:48 PM

It would be nice to have 2 Dragons in Key West running 1 and 2. Go for it. It can be done.

Springbrook 10-02-2006 02:27 PM

Mike & Jackie,

Awesome Job!

Hope to see you in Key West.

John

Dean Ferry 10-28-2006 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by skaterdave
i would have to disagree about Grant's. he recently rigged a boat for me and after about 2 hrs of run time i had several problems. the worst was when the transmissions where mounted to the motors someone forgot to use a torque wrench and loctite. i'm lucky the flywheel didn't come off. i was shocked when i called grant he said that there is no warranty. i knew that there was no warranty but when someone mocks up a motor and forgets to tighten bolts thats just plain stupidity. then came the answering machine. it seemed Grant didn't want to fix his own mistakes. and after talking with several other people this isn't Grant's only screwup. my lesson cost me a several thousand dollars but i'm passing this info for free.

I can't never understand why these guys don't stand behind their work! Especially these days with the internet, news of bad customer service travels FAST! I too have heard good and bad things about Grant's work! :eek:
Dean