Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WOW!!!!! I wonder what this is???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/141869-wow-i-wonder-what.html)

Hot Duck 10-10-2006 11:28 PM

Re: WOW!!!!! I wonder what this is????

Originally Posted by JCPERF
The Micosukkee guys used to race Fountains exclusively :D

They also ran a small cat with outboards, a Cig Top Gun and a Cig Gladiator before the Fountains. These guys seem to go wherever they have to go to get a winning combination. Good for them! This should be interesting.

DJD 10-11-2006 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine

Lap 1 Time: 3:19 Average Speed: 111.64

NICE!

I can't wait to see the new hulls with big horsepower :evilb:

On a side note, did anyone feel that yes, the scenery was nice and the dam was cool but this race was in the middle of f'ing no where? If we were still racing, I can't imagine driving all the way across the country to set up camp in the dust blown desert. My wife & I actually saw a cyote cross the dirt road & go into the bushes. We were out in Vegas for our anniversary & drove through the pits on Saturday on the way to the dam. I guess the location kept the numbers of boats down? Were there alot of fans spectating on Sunday?

Sean H 10-11-2006 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine

Lap 1 Time: 3:19 Average Speed: 111.64 w/525's :evilb:

Lap 1 wasn't a full lap, hence why everybody's first lap was quicker than any other....

JCPERF 10-11-2006 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
Lap 1 wasn't a full lap, hence why everybody's first lap was quicker than any other....

Hence :p

Sean H 10-11-2006 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by DJD
NICE!

I can't wait to see the new hulls with big horsepower :evilb:

On a side note, did anyone feel that yes, the scenery was nice and the dam was cool but this race was in the middle of f'ing no where? If we were still racing, I can't imagine driving all the way across the country to set up camp in the dust blown desert. My wife & I actually saw a cyote cross the dirt road & go into the bushes. We were out in Vegas for our anniversary & drove through the pits on Saturday on the way to the dam. I guess the location kept the numbers of boats down? Were there alot of fans spectating on Sunday?

More boats in the desert than there were in florida at the other nationals....

JCPERF 10-11-2006 09:27 PM

More boats in the desert than there were in florida at the other nationals....

Will be the same in Destin vs KW too

SHARKEY-IMAGES 10-11-2006 09:32 PM

Thank for that clarification Sean.
I thought that was a bit odd myself.......

DJD 10-12-2006 07:22 AM

Ah hah! I see now