Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   how amny gallons of awlgrip to paint the deck and hull sides of the mich light boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/142090-how-amny-gallons-awlgrip-paint-deck-hull-sides-mich-light-boat.html)

ratman 10-05-2006 01:16 PM

how amny gallons of awlgrip to paint the deck and hull sides of the mich light boat?

im gonna order my materials in the am, wondering how many gllons to shoot the deck and hull sides of the mich light boat, thx for you input, rm

DollaBill 10-05-2006 01:20 PM

Re: how amny gallons of awlgrip to paint the deck and hull sides of the mich light boat?

should be about 4 gallons. If I remember correctly. Also, make sure you use a couple coats of primer.

cosmic12 10-05-2006 01:22 PM

Re: how amny gallons of awlgrip to paint the deck and hull sides of the mich light boat?

I was just wondering why you are using Awlgrip when there are so many brands of urethane's out there that are chaeper and easy to apply. All the custom shops paint boats with'em and don't have any problems and if you need touch up its easy to get in small amounts.

rainmn 10-05-2006 01:30 PM

Roller, brush, or Wagner? :D :D

ratman 10-05-2006 03:07 PM

Re: how amny gallons of awlgrip to paint the deck and hull sides of the mich light bo

Originally Posted by cosmic12
I was just wondering why you are using Awlgrip when there are so many brands of urethane's out there that are chaeper and easy to apply. All the custom shops paint boats with'em and don't have any problems and if you need touch up its easy to get in small amounts.

20 years ago while on my fathers boat it lost power pulling into his slip we hit the dock at 5 knots and the boat rode 6 or 7 feet up the dock then slid back down it, big black creasote mark on the front of the boat 5 foot long, he wiped it clean with a laquer rag....no scratch in the paint. i was sold on awlgrip right then and there. try walking on a urethane deck with sandy feet, it will have scratches all over it over in no time.

ratman 10-05-2006 03:08 PM

Re: how amny gallons of awlgrip to paint the deck and hull sides of the mich light bo

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com
should be about 4 gallons. If I remember correctly. Also, make sure you use a couple coats of primer.

is that 4 gallons sprayable or 4 gal of color plus the catalyst and reducers? thx bro

ratman 10-05-2006 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by rainmn
Roller, brush, or Wagner? :D :D

sponge for a faux finish :evilb:

cosmic12 10-05-2006 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
20 years ago while on my fathers boat it lost power pulling into his slip we hit the dock at 5 knots and the boat rode 6 or 7 feet up the dock then slid back down it, big black creasote mark on the front of the boat 5 foot long, he wiped it clean with a laquer rag....no scratch in the paint. i was sold on awlgrip right then and there. try walking on a urethane deck with sandy feet, it will have scratches all over it over in no time.

OK!! just asking :cool:

rainmn 10-05-2006 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
sponge for a faux finish :evilb:

Now you're talking style. :D
Reason I asked is because just the other day I saw a guy laying down a fresh coat of white paint on his fine automobile...in his driveway....with a roller.

Sydwayz 10-05-2006 03:45 PM

1 quart

Glide it on with a popsicle stick. Bristles in the brush waste all the paint on the way from the can.