Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   42 Fountain vs. 382 Formula vs. 36 Baja (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/142170-42-fountain-vs-382-formula-vs-36-baja.html)

On Time 10-11-2006 01:25 PM

Re: 42 Fountain vs. 382 Formula vs. 36 Baja

Hey Busta! I've been trying to call you. I'm looking at these boats and mine is for sale at Marine Max. Absolutely immaculate freshwater boat as you will agree. GPS'd 74mph last month, freshwater of course. Need a bigger boat for the new baby.

Busta 10-11-2006 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by avarady
Hey Busta! I've been trying to call you. I'm looking at these boats and mine is for sale at Marine Max. Absolutely immaculate freshwater boat as you will agree. GPS'd 74mph last month, freshwater of course. Need a bigger boat for the new baby.

Don't have my cell today...you need to trade me props before you let it go...or atleast let me try them! I just tried to pm you my work phone but you're not accepting pm's?

On Time 10-11-2006 01:39 PM

Its my membership level. I'll call your cell phone and leave my numbers on VM, then call me.

t500hps 10-11-2006 02:22 PM

You had the same wind issue with the 382?

Similar........the 382 is a deeper boat so you can get out of the wind but since I already had the windaways I use them and LOVE them. We do some long range cruising and being able to stand straight up and be out of the wind is nice after the first hour of running.
Someone here recommended them to me (Rippem I think) and there are some pics on OSO of them installed (takes about 30 seconds once set-up for your boat)

On Time 10-12-2006 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps
Similar........the 382 is a deeper boat so you can get out of the wind but since I already had the windaways I use them and LOVE them. We do some long range cruising and being able to stand straight up and be out of the wind is nice after the first hour of running.
Someone here recommended them to me (Rippem I think) and there are some pics on OSO of them installed (takes about 30 seconds once set-up for your boat)

1-Will those windaways mount on the plexiglas Executioner windshield? Otherwise how would you do it?

2-Does your 382 land azz first like the picture above? Comments in the current Powerboat mag said the same thing, Teague/Tomlinson saying because the motors are't staggered 382's are azz heavy.

t500hps 10-12-2006 10:40 AM

1-Will those windaways mount on the plexiglas Executioner windshield? Otherwise how would you do it?

2-Does your 382 land azz first like the picture above? Comments in the current Powerboat mag said the same thing, Teague/Tomlinson saying because the motors are't staggered 382's are azz heavy.

Call Windaway. I had a problem with mine (which I created) and the customer service was great....they did more for me than I was even expecting. I believe they ask the thickness of the mounting location and give you the proper bracket for that thickness (or there are spacers/adjustments that come in each pack, can't remember which but I'm confident it will work)
The 382 is azz heavy, I've owned the boat a few months and have only cleared the props a few times. The water conditions I've been in were only 3-4's and we really only "zinged" the props. This was nothing like the Chicago poker run pics and my landings were fine. Not sure how it would land under those conditions (I assume azz first) but I have been very happy with the boat so far.

On Time 10-12-2006 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps
Call Windaway. I had a problem with mine (which I created) and the customer service was great....they did more for me than I was even expecting. I believe they ask the thickness of the mounting location and give you the proper bracket for that thickness (or there are spacers/adjustments that come in each pack, can't remember which but I'm confident it will work)
The 382 is azz heavy, I've owned the boat a few months and have only cleared the props a few times. The water conditions I've been in were only 3-4's and we really only "zinged" the props. This was nothing like the Chicago poker run pics and my landings were fine. Not sure how it would land under those conditions (I assume azz first) but I have been very happy with the boat so far.

I really do love the looks of the 382. We have four on our dock here in Kemah, all with 525's. They run a max of 73-74mph. How about yours? I think the 42 Fountain with 525's gets closer to 80. We have two of those as well but they are 2X575 and 3X500EFI and not really comparable.

boatman22 10-12-2006 10:58 AM

Andy you need to let Busta and me try your 26P labs before you sell your boat....... :D

On Time 10-12-2006 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by boatman22
Andy you need to let Busta and me try your 26P labs before you sell your boat....... :D

Who's this! I have std. 26's, and labbed 28's. For sale too!

boatman22 10-12-2006 11:09 AM

The Wet Spot :evilb:

I want to try both if they work I'll buy the set