If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Easily Distracted Platinum Member Racegirl3's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Boat Btch
    Bucyrus, Ohio

Re: why all the Baja questions???

Quote Originally Posted by PorscheSpeed
    I do recall you sitting back there yelling " WEEEEEEEEE"

Bad Girls Make Good Company

Quote Originally Posted by Playn
    I'm gonna guess this does as it is going on 17 years old. But the Baja bashers will have a tough time finding one stress crack on her. Somehow the older she gets the more I like bling, just stock and reliable.
    She looks awful good for an old lady

Charter Member #34 Charter Member Dock Holiday's Avatar
    Beautiful North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
    The Baja's I see in the showroom look nice...the old one's are beat to heck.

Says something I think.

I like your politics, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Not sure how to take your post actually. I'll break it down and see if we are on the same page.

"The Baja's I see in the showroom look nice" Yes they do, Thank you

"the old one's are beat to heck" I know of many that have had owners that did not give a Chit and they are trashed. There was a 2001 33 Outlaw on Norman last year that I would not have given $20K for. The engines and drives were a wreck, the vinyl and gel were a wreck and it had GREEN mold growing in the bilge.

On the other hand I can give you a dozen examples of Baja's where the owners show a LOT of pride in their boats. These boats have held up well, still look and run GREAT and are nice boats. One is a 272 from Jacksonville that is a 1994 model one owner. This baby runs in the 80's, and rock & rolls. There was a 1992 Baja 270 show cased in the last Baja Full Throttle Magazine that is off the charts. It looks like it just came out of the factory. There are many other Baja's featured in the issues that are six, eight and ten years old going strong and looking very good.

If you mean that Baja's are beat because they are low quality then I beg to differ. We trailered 1200 miles in April all the way to Lake Travis in Austin, Texas for the Ski Dock Baja get together. WOW, there were over 80 Baja's there and most were three years old and older. A lot of really classic's and we rode in a friends 1994 model to lunch one day and it was a very nice rock solid boat that still looked great and he hasno intention of replacing.

I can show you a 2001 42 Fountain on Norman with staggered 500's that the owner had no respect for and trashed it. Some people take pride in their cars, boats, etc and some don't. It takes a lot of work to keep anything looking nice and running good, and you get out of it what you put into it. Some people just don't care.

"Says something I think" To me it says that any boat that is cared for will last a long time and look nice. If the boat is just used and put away wet then it will turn to junk.

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 10-18-2006 at 08:53 PM.

Ft Worth Tx

As always, very well said Doc..

My Boats:
    2007 Baja 405
    Marblehead, OH

Quote Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
    Thats yours in the current magazine, correct?
    That's me...........The "poster boat".
    It looks nice on the Baja website and in the new magazine but I don't like to see that crew on board. I think "Hey that's MY boat.................... " It looks nice though..

My Boats:
    24 OUTLAW
    Bucyrus, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Racegirl3
    No Darlin. Chad and I took the Red Rocket over once a few years ago. The ride with you guys was "scary fun" but the water that day with Chad was "OMG we could die scary fun"
    Ahhh, memories of the Red Rocket!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213