Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
why all the Baja questions??? >

why all the Baja questions???

Notices

why all the Baja questions???

Old 10-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: why all the Baja questions???

Originally Posted by hotboat11
Baja Suck.... But They Make Moneyfor A Boat Deailer
I think he is looking for some reaction so I will start

YOUR AN IDIOT
Old 10-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Il guess Il just bring up the Eastside poker run from a few years ago....Erie was cranking solid 6's (no I didnt get the yardstick out to measure I was too busy throtteling).

out of a hundred some odd boats including formulas, MTI's, Scarabs, Superboats, Fountains, Outerlimits...ect. ect...most all of them OSO members. the following boats made the entire run:

Myself (28 Cig)
Roger Cambell (36 Apache)
Brad Geller (32 Baja)
Scott Kramer (35 Cig)
Dave Leonhart (29 Baja)
Tim Raddigan (23 Baja)

.....nuff said!

-Thrill
Old 10-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Registered

Baja does it for me..............I'll run the 405 OR the 302 in 4-6 footers any day on Erie. It's all about who's drivin' and how much "fun" they want to have.................... The water in Sandusky bay is usually a better choice during a wicked Nor' Easter though!!
Old 10-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Didn't your momma ever teach you if you dont have something nice to say, don't say anything at all?

Baja's dont suck. They are actually really nice boats and even nicer for the price. They are well built and hold together well.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Registered

I'l assume that your joking.

If not, how many different models have you driven or even ridden in to qualify to make that statement?

-Thrill
Old 10-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Registered

MAN!!!! all I started this for was an answer to why all the compairing going on lately it just seemed odd to me. I guess we learned alot of other stuff
Old 10-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Registered

cosmic12,

Couldn't begin to guess why Baja comparisons are being done "lately," but in general a Baja presents a good baseline for comparison. Lots of them out, decent performance and reasonable quality (generally speaking) for the price.

Think of of a Baja as a Toyota Camry, not the greatest car you'll ever drive but a true value and very, very popular. If someone says, "Hey, my new Porsche doesn't drive a whole lot better than my old Camry," you know he either bought a lemon or his totally insane.

Thisistank said it a lot better than I did. As for guy who said Baja "sucks," he's entitled to his uninformed opinion.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by drdread
Baja does it for me..............I'll run the 405 OR the 302 in 4-6 footers any day on Erie. It's all about who's drivin' and how much "fun" they want to have.................... The water in Sandusky bay is usually a better choice during a wicked Nor' Easter though!!
Thats yours in the current magazine, correct?
Old 10-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Registered

Thursday
West winds to 30 knots. Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain showers. Waves 6 to 9 feet. See Lake Erie Open Lakes forecast for Friday through Sunday. The water temperature off Toledo is 58 degrees...off Cleveland 62 degrees and off Erie 61 degrees.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Registered

It amazes me that there is all this bashing of Baja's and probably half these people have never either been in one nor can afford one. I am on my third Baja and I have a 2003 442. While it is not the fastest boat, nor the most expensive boat, or best built boat as mentioned many times on this website, I have hung with Nortechs, Fountains and Hustlers in rough water in numerous Poker Runs. My Baja's have been to the Bahamas and Keys and brought me home safely many times and I have not had to rebuild them after each run. I can afford to buy the others but elect not to as I also have other hobbies and want to spend on those also. I believe Baja builds a great boat for the money and would consider them again except they do not build anything bigger than what I already have. Each manufacturer is looking for their niche in the market and profitability is a major player in that decision. I am comfortable with my purchase and I live in a environment that allows me to operate year round without putting a dent in the wallet which creates peace of mind for me! Dollar for dollar they build one hell of a boat!

Quick Reply: why all the Baja questions???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.