Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
why all the Baja questions??? >

why all the Baja questions???

Notices

why all the Baja questions???

Old 10-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: why all the Baja questions???

Originally Posted by kr1276
It amazes me that there is all this bashing of Baja's and probably half these people have never either been in one nor can afford one. I am on my third Baja and I have a 2003 442. While it is not the fastest boat, nor the most expensive boat, or best built boat as mentioned many times on this website, I have hung with Nortechs, Fountains and Hustlers in rough water in numerous Poker Runs. My Baja's have been to the Bahamas and Keys and brought me home safely many times and I have not had to rebuild them after each run. I can afford to buy the others but elect not to as I also have other hobbies and want to spend on those also. I believe Baja builds a great boat for the money and would consider them again except they do not build anything bigger than what I already have. Each manufacturer is looking for their niche in the market and profitability is a major player in that decision. I am comfortable with my purchase and I live in a environment that allows me to operate year round without putting a dent in the wallet which creates peace of mind for me! Dollar for dollar they build one hell of a boat!
Well said. I envy your year round boating season.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It amazes me that there is all this bashing of Baja's and probably half these people have never either been in one nor can afford one. I am on my third Baja and I have a 2003 442. While it is not the fastest boat, nor the most expensive boat, or best built boat as mentioned many times on this website, I have hung with Nortechs, Fountains and Hustlers in rough water in numerous Poker Runs. My Baja's have been to the Bahamas and Keys and brought me home safely many times and I have not had to rebuild them after each run. I can afford to buy the others but elect not to as I also have other hobbies and want to spend on those also. I believe Baja builds a great boat for the money and would consider them again except they do not build anything bigger than what I already have. Each manufacturer is looking for their niche in the market and profitability is a major player in that decision. I am comfortable with my purchase and I live in a environment that allows me to operate year round without putting a dent in the wallet which creates peace of mind for me! Dollar for dollar they build one hell of a boat!
I wasn't - or at least hope I wasn't - bashing in anyway. Thay are a good boat, depending on what you want to do. I personally want to run a little harder than what I've seen and run a Baja, I'm no expert, but that's why I come to boards like this - to get advice on how I like to run - and the boat that would suit ME best.
I'm glad you enjoy it and have money for your other hobbies.
For me, this is my ONLY hobby - and I still can't afford it.
Please don't take anything as a BASH on Baja - or you're boat - we're all just speed/performance guy's - and I respect it just for the love of the sport.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
I think, in my biased opinion, that they are compared to everything because they are a more affordable alternative to the other name brand boats.

BINGO
Old 10-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As with a few other have said above, I agree with you also on Baja boats. There's just too much pompus, misinformed, and downright nasty opinion flying around about the Bajas and Fountains. I mean, WTF?!!

I've checked out quite a few Baja boats at shows and elsewhere. Nice looking, nicely rigged, vinyl work is very good.

Comments made like "it won't hold up to the way I drive offshore" are just plain bullchit. You can break anything out there if you try hard enough. Personally, I try NOT to break mine.

So, buy a Baja, buy a Fountain, buy an old Formula like mine. Who cares, just enjoy it.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Registered

I Have Been In Pretty Much Every Model Baja Has Made In The Last 15-20 Years From 18 To 44 Feet. They Ride Well And You Get A Lot Of Boat For The Money. Putting Things Into Perspective Though, It Is Comparing An Apple To An Orange. A 36 Foot Baja Does Not Compare To A 37 Outerlimits When It Comes To Performance, But Maybe That Is Because The Baja Is Much Heavier With The Suitcases Full Of The $400,000.0 In Cash That Is Still Left Over For The Baja Owner To Tote Around. I Had 3 Bajas And Loved Them For What I Bought Them To Do. I Owned Fountains And I Owned My Favorite Of All Which Was A Donzi, But I Still Never Comapared It To A Ol Or Cig. Buy What Makes Your Boating Experience A Pleasant One That Is In Your Budget And You Can Not Go Wrong. On The Other Side Of The Coin, Do Not Compare An Inferior Boat To A Custom Boat Just Because That Is All You Have Experienced.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keith,

Thanks for your reply and you know I agree 100% with what you have said.

As a three time Baja owner I have been very pleased with the product, the look, the performance and the price & support.

It saddens me to know we have people in the OSO family and the small performance boat world that know you and I love our boats but feel the need to call us stupid or fools for owning them. I love to share information on this site when I have real facts to share, but I learned a LONG time ago that you don't serve yourself or anyone else when you bad mouth a brand. There is always someone loyal to it, and someone that has had good results and loves the brand they own.

My 36 Outlaw has been in nine states, has been to Florida 15 times now and has logged 18,000 miles "YES 18,000 MILES" in 400 hours. I have 46,000 miles on the trailer.

We use our boat and it has been in rough ocean conditions a dozen times. When people see our 36 Outlaw for the first time they ask if it is new!

We take care of it and store it indoors, but there are NO stress cracks and the boat performs great and rides even better.

I have never met a boat I did not like. They ALL have advantages and disadvantages. There has never been the perfect boat. If so all other companies would be out of business.

Ever had that PERFECT day on the water with six other boats that were all different brands and lengths, with different power, and at the end of the day EVERYONE had a great time, and it did not matter what they were in. That is boating.

People you need to get over it, buy what suits you best and enjoy boating, rather then come on OSO and act like a fool that had no raising as a child.

Dock
Old 10-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

dear Baja owners,

At least they don't remind you your 32' boat is only 29'
or
make fun of your beak, gold medallions and hair.

ed
Old 10-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor
dear Baja owners,

or

ed

LOL
Old 10-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
dear Baja owners,

or

ed
True....

Quick Reply: why all the Baja questions???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.