Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Another boating accident! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/142321-another-boating-accident.html)

Pwrbt33 10-10-2006 06:20 AM

Re: Another boating accident!

Sad to hear! That Intrepid shouldn't be to hard to find. If the person who was operating it is hiding it, they'll get caught soon enough. You know alcohol was involved in the Intrepid! How can you run over a boat, not realize you struck something and even stop to see what you hit and how your own boat is!? :mad: Absolutely infuriating!!!

John S.

bluellama 10-10-2006 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Pino said his agency is investigating whether any boats violated navigational rules or if alcohol played a role. Investigators took all four boats to the wildlife agency's Miami office where they will be examined for contributing factors such as electrical or fuel problems.

"It's a big puzzle and we slowly start to piece everything together," Pino said.

"

JohnS... the Intrepid has been taken with the other boats for examination. it would appear that the Intrepid stayed at the scene......

Pwrbt33 10-10-2006 08:23 PM

Well thats cool. Never did like those runners.

John S.

THEJOKER 10-10-2006 08:54 PM

NO Lights - happens all the time. I can't believe people , tow , anchor , park , etc in a boat at night - WITH NO LIGHTS ON! This is sad. I bet the Intrepid people were just as shocked. Very sad!

dockrocker 10-10-2006 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
NO Lights - happens all the time. I can't believe people , tow , anchor , park , etc in a boat at night - WITH NO LIGHTS ON! This is sad. I bet the Intrepid people were just as shocked. Very sad!

In all fairness, the news reports seem to indicate that the vessel had electrical problems. Hard to have lights on if the electrical system has failed...

CigDaze 10-11-2006 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by dockrocker
In all fairness, the news reports seem to indicate that the vessel had electrical problems. Hard to have lights on if the electrical system has failed...

On all 3 boats?

Where's the flashlight and the designated lookout....Boating 101.
:(

THEJOKER 10-11-2006 07:50 AM

Ok so you have electrical problems , tow it anyway - NOT. Pure ignorance. Remember I owned a Sea Tow business , I've seen it all!

Shah Mat 10-11-2006 08:00 AM

Wasn't it a rental boat? If so I'd be willing to bet that the operator(s) had little or no boating experence. That would explain the lack of concern traveling/being towed at night unlit.