I'll be in Miramar Ca. 3/12-14/07

Notices

Old 03-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I'll be in Miramar 3/12-14/07 to do some work on the MCAS, so what's to do there? Are there any big boat dealers in the area to go dream over?
looking for ideas for Tuesday night, 3/13/07 mainly, we'll be working all of the other times.
Thanks,
Dean
Old 03-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be in Oakland CA. same time. Any thing out there?
Old 03-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drive to La Jolla. What do you do? I'm out there a lot between North Island and Miramar.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Shore Thing
Drive to La Jolla. What do you do? I'm out there a lot between North Island and Miramar.
I build BIG video games, (Flt Sims) for DOD.
Dean
Old 03-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
I'll be in Miramar 3/12-14/07 to do some work on the MCAS, so what's to do there? Are there any big boat dealers in the area to go dream over?
looking for ideas for Tuesday night, 3/13/07 mainly, we'll be working all of the other times.
Thanks,
Dean
Dean,

Check your PM box
Old 03-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

SI,
I'll give a call once we land, tommorrow afternoon.
Thanks,
Dean
Old 03-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

san diego...lets see.. boat dealersthere was a shop at arjons dr and dunbrook (less than a 1/2 mile north of miramar) down by La jolla blvd and pearl st your gonna find a couple high end car dealers (lambo's and ferraris). from there, cruz down la jolla blvd (it turns into mission) to pacific beach..in pacific beach, make a right at denny's and it will take you up t a few clubs etc..now going back down mission go to mission beach ( you will know your there when you see the rollercoaster) definitly worth a walk around there..thats where the mtv beach house was, the san diego X games etc.. hteres a boardwalk on the beach between mission and pacific beachs..on a warm sunny day the "scenery" can be outstanding.. as the sun goes down, get freshened up and head for downtown and the gas lamp district..here you will find any means of good food, enjoy a stoogie at the cuban cigar factory after dinner and hit one of the many clubs..5th ave being the main drag in the gas lamp.. ofr lunch some day, find a roberto's (theres one on miramar rd, at production (give or take a block) get a carne asada burrito ( biggest thing I miss since moving east). if you get really brave, head for the border..park on the us side and walk across, its a short walk to the main tourist drag (revelution), or if your idea of a good time is a little more sordid..make it an evening trip, walk across the border, find the first cab and ask to go to adelita's bar.its a strip clubwhere you wont get robbed or ripped off (stay away from the strip clubs on reveluccion). at adelitas pretty much any gorl you see there can be "taken upstairs". if theres anything elles in particular you had in mind or wanted to do let me know...I lived out there for over 20years