Notices

Feedback on my Graphics

Old 01-04-2002, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thunderdan,

I love it, my boat it YELLOW,purple and lipstick(pink),

I agree only with bringing some of the blue up on deck, I have purple mixed with yellow on white background on my hatch and it looks great.

Just one thing to think about I was told yellow fades the easiest, but I liked it enough that I still got it, 2 summers and I can't tell any fade!

WILL
Old 01-04-2002, 05:00 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great color choices. Red Yellow and Blue are the primary colors and will always look good no matter what color is the current rage. When I bought my new boat I had 18 colors to choose from and I also went with the same three colors you have chosen. The boat is 7 years old and people still think it is new because it looks fresh.

I also agree with Troutly that you need to get some blue up on the engine hatch area.

Overall AWESOME layout--I am jealous!!

Please post some pics when it is real!!!
Old 01-04-2002, 05:14 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

I like it! I also agree with everyone that said the deck and sunpad could use a little blue. Is the lettering that's not blue silver? If not, maybe consider mirror silver for those parts of the name.
Old 01-04-2002, 05:16 PM
Registered

Looks sweet man
Old 01-04-2002, 06:33 PM
Registered

Hi Dan

Just a couple thoughts. I think black should be used instead of airbrushed gray for the name of your boat. On one side of the boat and on the deck, it will be against a yellow background and on the other side of the boat it will be against a white background. You really want black against yellow/white, not gray. You can still use gray airbrush techniques on a black logo to give it an interesting "chrome/steel" highlight look. If you still want to go with the white/gray name... I think a thicker black border than what is shown would help. Black definitely would work though.... on the sides you also have that black line and on the deck you have the prominent black border around the lightning bolts.

Another suggestion I have is you drop the white lightning bolt theme on the deck and replace it with blue lightning bolts bordered in black like you do the red ones. That would introduce a nice amount of blue to the deck which would work very nicely assuming you could get some blue onto the sunpad area. I think extending the blue you have at the rear of the boat 1/4 of the way into the sunpad on each side would be more than enough.

The reason for the blue bolts instead of white is that it's just a bad idea to have white illustrations against a yellow background. A painter I know would say that color combination "vibrates". Black against yellow is awesome, nice contrast and easy to get the impact. White on yellow, very little contrast and it dances around your head and is a tiring combination to look at. Anyway, hope this helps. Best regards---- John
Old 01-04-2002, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Beautiful. I'll take it.
Old 01-04-2002, 08:35 PM
Registered

That is awesome. Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2002, 09:36 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Thunderdan-
Looks great!
BTW- You think T-Daze is reading this?
Old 01-04-2002, 09:40 PM
ScreaminDemon

looks good...some people want to see more of a "balanced" paint scheme (which was more proper in the old days) and others understand that in todays world, anything goes...and usually, the "anything goes" design is much more interesting! I do agree with one thing, get rid of the colored interior inserts, go solid white and you can't go wrong!

Old 01-04-2002, 09:42 PM
Horseplay

Love the design, just not real keen on all that yellow. Just my .02, but there sure seems to be quite a bit of yellpw used in new boat paint schemes. What would happen if you added some fade to, for example, the way Team Virgin blends to a yellow/orange.

Quick Reply: Feedback on my Graphics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.