Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Big Boats (40s) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/142458-big-boats-40s.html)

Jassman 10-18-2006 06:00 AM

Re: Big Boats (40s)

Originally Posted by Catmando
Low maintenance, fuel efficiency and needing those cool Arnesons.
:cool: Resale might be better too.

YOU SUMMED IT UP PERFECTLY. :cool: Next year should be fun with all the PR we are planning on attending. :D Jeff

Knot 4 Me 10-18-2006 09:25 AM

Jeff, I apologize if you have already answered this question, but how does the weight of the Yanmar's/Arneson's in a twin setup compare to a trip setup with #6's? Did anything need to be done to keep the CG where it needs to be? Are the motors staggered or side-by-side? Sweet setup!

boatme 10-30-2006 05:13 AM

Jef SOTW is July 13th and 14th 2007

CBR 10-30-2006 04:24 PM

Don't forget the Sonic 42/45!

Jassman 10-30-2006 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Jeff, I apologize if you have already answered this question, but how does the weight of the Yanmar's/Arneson's in a twin setup compare to a trip setup with #6's? Did anything need to be done to keep the CG where it needs to be? Are the motors staggered or side-by-side? Sweet setup!

Are you talking trip set up in gas with #6's. You can only fit 2 of these Yanmars in the engine bay, 3 will not fit, also added a generator. The ASD-8's are appr. 200 pounds each less vs the #6 as well as 6" shorter. I believe the Diesels are 600+ pounds heavier each. We did fill the notch in the transom to get the diesels as far back and as low as possible to carry the bow, or change cog. We went with a 1/4" higher x-dimension vs the first Yanmar Nortech 4300 with the same Yanmar power, different vent tubes, 18 degree rake prop, and a lighter lay-up. Hopefully will have some numbers when I return from Key West. :cool: Jeff

Mentalpause 10-30-2006 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman
Are you talking trip set up in gas with #6's. You can only fit 2 of these Yanmars in the engine bay, 3 will not fit, also added a generator. The ASD-8's are appr. 200 pounds each less vs the #6 as well as 6" shorter. I believe the Diesels are 600+ pounds heavier each. We did fill the notch in the transom to get the diesels as far back and as low as possible to carry the bow, or change cog. We went with a 1/4" higher x-dimension vs the first Yanmar Nortech 4300 with the same Yanmar power, different vent tubes, 18 degree rake prop, and a lighter lay-up. Hopefully will have some numbers when I return from Key West. :cool: Jeff

Good luck on your trip to KW, Have a great time. :drink: Hope the boat runs great. :cool:

Rick G 10-31-2006 09:47 AM

Just finished putting together a 43 Scarab Thunder non step hull . Previous boat was a 30' Formula . I have only a few hours running time on the 43 but it is going to be a blast . Top speed may only be in the mid 70's but I am sure it will handle any water I get caught in .
Rick G.

Jassman 10-31-2006 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rick G
Just finished putting together a 43 Scarab Thunder non step hull . Previous boat was a 30' Formula . I have only a few hours running time on the 43 but it is going to be a blast . Top speed may only be in the mid 70's but I am sure it will handle any water I get caught in .
Rick G.

Where's the pics :D

boater31v 11-01-2006 10:14 AM

I voted for the 41 Apache, but I like all Apaches though.

Rick G 11-01-2006 10:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just for you Jassman .
Rick G.