Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   the bill (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/142477-bill.html)

CigDaze 10-11-2006 12:03 PM

Re: the bill

Originally Posted by Chris288
WOW,, 25K per year,,, I knew I should have become a Rocket Scientist.. :D

Dang,, now you got me sitting here with a calculator,,, I knew I didn't want to know the answer to this question... :rolleyes:

Don't do it man. Once you get that number in your head, there's no plausible deniability. :D :D

Seriously, the nickel and dime stuff adds up so fast it'll make your head spin.

45sonic 10-11-2006 12:41 PM

Just a rough guess with some of the numbers that I do know.

$37320 or there about.

Not including fuels or slip fees or repairs or food/drinks or any other accesories

Ironmanwb 10-11-2006 01:11 PM

I look at it this way...... Its a hell of a lot cheaper than an attorney for a murder trial.............Boating is one of the few things that keep me sane........

jhiguy377 10-11-2006 01:19 PM

almost not worth mentioning compared to psyschological cost of not boating- Jeff

f311fr1 10-11-2006 05:10 PM

A whole lot less than 1/2 of all our assets.

bskater18 10-11-2006 05:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A 1986 24 skater, One blown powerhead, one trailer, Lower end service x 2, one speedo, 2 details, Ins., fuel and ams oil $2000, also need 2 new 34" cleavers. A smile on my sons face at 70 mhp and hands up in the air is priceless. BTW my wife is a CPA. Can't give out to many numbers. :cool:

satisfactionII 10-11-2006 07:10 PM

Why are you guys counting the food and booze. For me, food and booze is a regular exspense not just for boating. :D Hell I am eating and drinking right now! :evilb:

bidpro 10-11-2006 07:45 PM

Rule #1 of High Performance Boating - NEVER, EVER look at the bills....

Gregg Reichman

Dock Holiday 10-11-2006 07:57 PM

Payments, Insurance, Fuel, Truck used only to tow boat, poker run entry's, fuel, did I say fuel.

WOW = $30K

I'm embarrassed to see it in print. Never gave it that much thought before.

But we really use out boat. 400 Hours and counting, 25 poker runs and a LOT of fun and good friends.

You only live once, RIGHT?

Man I bet "Dave Ramsey" would have a field day with us.

Would my wife let me sell the boat? HELL NO

Dangerous Dave 10-11-2006 08:28 PM

Who cares how much it cost. When you're runnin' through 3 ft'rs at 70+ with your hair on fire nothing else matters when you're "in the moment" and it takes some skill and concentration. The last thing I think about is money. I think about making money all the time and boating gets me not to think about it. If I had a lot more to spend I'd have a 46 Cigarette, If I had a lot less I'd have a 16 Donzi.
You can't put a price on this, f it, ya only live once.