Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Skater vs Gladiator (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/142538-skater-vs-gladiator.html)

Rik 10-11-2006 06:58 PM

Re: Skater vs Gladiator

If you are building a new Skater. It will be difficult to get it built with a Bravo, and for your own good you don't want one rigged with them.

Re-Sale Sucks with Bravos.

SSM#6's are big $$ and a tad bit too much stern weight.

bidpro 10-11-2006 07:07 PM

Tricky Rickey is more or less right (Hey Rick). They (#6's) are a lot of weight at the rear but it depends on the length of the Skater. I have a 32 w-#6 Dry Sumps, it is a little stern heavy but the problems that creates are very limited and the benefits greatly outweigh the problems. Resale with Bravo's is not good, and of you have no wind protection and Bravos, plan on being an Owner for a long time. If you set it up right, you can actually go faster with #6'w, even with the trannies. I am sure people will take issue with that statement, but I think I can back it up.

Gregg Reichman

otis311 10-11-2006 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Whats your email address and Ill send some to you. They're decent shots. If you want we can trace the pattern from the outside.

[email protected]

And yes, If you can get to the boat and trace the shield in the next few days that would be great, I need this project wrapped up by early next week. I leave with the boat for Florida next Friday and need to be done by Wednesday

JoeD 10-11-2006 08:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SBRT will have to bring out the big guns for the spring event at LK GEORGE

FREEDOM US1 10-11-2006 09:44 PM

A 36 Skater with # 6s would be nice.

stecz20 10-11-2006 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by JoeD
SBRT will have to bring out the big guns for the spring event at LK GEORGE

thats if you take it off the trailer next year... :evilb: :evilb:

Pro1 10-11-2006 09:56 PM

The 32 Skater with quater Canopy and Arneson drives is an excellent package if you are looking to run real fast. The boat handles excellent, ride quality is excellent, turns very well and the qtr canopy package is a necessity at speed.

If I had to do it again, I would recommend Arneson.

Strip Poker 388 10-11-2006 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
A 36 Skater with # 6s would be nice.

Yea the wide one and a cut down deck with the extention over the drives . That would be a fast one :drink:

BLee 10-12-2006 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Which boat will have a better ride in the ruff stuff. Say a 3-4 ft confused sea with cruiser wakes every now and then. I know how our Gladiator handles but my dad has always wanted a cat. The boat would be a 32 Skater with bravos. Also for you Skater guys how would the drives hold up.

Thank You

Why not get a 36 Skater since your coming from a 36 Gladiator? The 32 is a fun boat but definitely get the 6's if you're going that route.

bidpro 10-12-2006 12:03 PM

I have spent a lot of time running both the 32 Skater and the 36 Skater. There is actually a HUGE difference in a lot of areas, but if you are pleasure boating the 36 represents a lot more work in these areas:

Cleaning
Towing
"Muscle" around the Doc

I also think that re-sale for the 36 takes a lot longer, 32's seem to sell very quickly assuming they have the right setup.

The 36 is physically a lot more boat, better in the rough but almost too big for inland waterways or lakes I think.

You can throw the 32 around like it is a Mod-VP especially with Outboards (I had a Triple) , you won't get away with that with the 36... A 36 with Arnesons and the "twin fin" skeg will turn like a Go-Kart... but I can turn the crap out of my 32 w-#6's also.

Gregg Reichman