Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Just purchased Cary 50 with red hull (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/142570-just-purchased-cary-50-red-hull.html)

klmken 10-13-2006 12:28 AM

Re: Just purchased Cary 50 with red hull

Welcome to the VA crew. Where are you located?

Wobble 10-13-2006 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by poolsinc1
Thanks

Here is a pic of the drives. We started cleaning them up today.

Holy cow, you wouldn't want to swim up to the back of that meat grinder. A lot of sharp metal there. :eek:

Congrats on a beautiful boat

HOTROD2 10-13-2006 08:04 PM

Poolsinc1, welcome the the Cary world. You can'nt beat them for what you can purchase one for. I have had mine for going on 6 years, and yes it is alot of up keep but well worth it....hope you enjoy yours and find the history of it. There is a web site cary50.com that may help? Send me an email with the numbers and I'll try to get you some info from up here where they were built in Grand Haven. I believe there were only 2 red hulls built. [email protected] Jeff...

tommymonza 10-13-2006 09:36 PM

There was a guy who used to work for my brother when he was building his Barons/Powerplays/Powerquest that quit working for him and got the Postma brothers all fired up about building them.I think Van Andels were footing the bill for the company back in the day.

poolsinc1 10-14-2006 12:13 AM

HOTROD2, we were hoping to get in touch with you. Sending you an email now, thanks for the info.

Clay

Steve H 10-16-2006 12:26 PM

I saw that for sale awhile back. I love the 50 Carys. That is my top choice for my next boat.

But I guess that means I would have to sell my current boat first.

Fact: Two boat owner= Stressed marriage

Buying is a lot more fun than selling!

Anyway, please keep us updated with performance and handling once you get her up and running.

Steve H

Payton 10-16-2006 07:15 PM

Cool boat. Good luck with her. :cool:

rbhudelson 10-16-2006 08:18 PM

Nice !!

poolsinc1 10-17-2006 04:03 PM

Thanks for the reminder, still have the other boat.

Gave it (34" Scarab SS) to her with the ring then repowered it '06, change can be difficult.

I should have the #2 transmission back in the Cary by the end of the week. Hope to be on the water by the weekend. Still have about 500 gals of old fuel to deal with.

Clay

rbhudelson 10-17-2006 10:43 PM

Clay, at a bare minimun you need to polish your fuel. If it is old it will be full of algea, water and other yucky stuff that big diesels don't like injesting.

follow the link to find some pics of my Cary.

homepage.mac.com/rbhudelson

Brad