Notices

Friendly Ebay advise

Old 10-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Friendly Ebay advise

Just incase I am not the only one here who didn't know better , or incase this is something new on Ebay's policy or maybee not new just overlooked alot ( a whole lot !! )

2 days ago I listed a 1933 plymouth rat rod , & a chopper project bike on Ebay. Well like every other thing I have ever listed on there & alot of items I look at on there from time to time I put the old famous " not a ... , ... ,..." in the title just like as when I listed my Pantera I listed it as follows.
24 Pantera Sport ( not a cigarette,fountain,or donzi )
Anyways to make a long story short they booted both of my listings because they said that was against Ebay policy. & I spent about 3-4 hours relisting them & emailing everyone of my already bidders & all of those who emailed with questions.
I may be the onlyone that was clueless that you were not supposed to do that , or I may just be the ony one to get the boot, Either way I just wanted to post my experiance hoping to save someonelse alot of time & trouble.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Friendly Ebay advise

I think if you put "cigarette boat, similar to fountain or donzi" it might be legit.

not sure on that one though. I see a lot of listings with all the big mfgr names in there to come up on searches, it can be frustrating if you're looking for an actual cigarette, fountain, donzi, etc., but when i search i go through the mfgr names one by one anyway, just to see what's out there.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you put "Not A XXX or XXX" this is called keyword spamming, Ebay does not allow this. You can also keyword spam in the text of your add, not allowed either. What some people would do is at the bottom of there ad use the smallest point font and the make it white, now you cant see it. If you ever do a search for a item and use the title and description. If you get somethings that you just cant figure out why it showed in your search, most likely it has hidden keywords.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
I think if you put "cigarette boat, similar to fountain or donzi" it might be legit.

not sure on that one though. I see a lot of listings with all the big mfgr names in there to come up on searches, it can be frustrating if you're looking for an actual cigarette, fountain, donzi, etc., but when i search i go through the mfgr names one by one anyway, just to see what's out there.
"Similar to" is also one of their naughty phrases.