New F4 with 700's hits 100 MPH

Notices

New F4 with 700's hits 100 MPH

Old 10-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts
Default Re: New F4 with 700's hits 100 MPH

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
Ok, maybe not mass produced, but kinda cheesy. Just my opinion. Maybe its the colors?? Sorry.

Hey that is why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors. AF thank you for being polite about it.

Good news is the factory will paint it any way you want one! Can't wait to see it in two weeks.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

beautiful boat, love the colors
Old 10-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I like the old school about as well as the more modern look, there will be no mistaking the F-4 for anything else from near nor far when you see it on the water, or at the dock. That alone is priceless!

Awesome looking boat including the paint by MitcherT... Can't wait to climb aboard one at the shows this year so we can drool over it.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Im not trying to criticize or start any problem, nice boat but would not be one of my choices. Looks like a very mass produced boat. Maybe something out of Bucyrus. Too "outer space" looking for me.
It is definitely not an old school or Florida boat look. It is futuristic looking in some aspects. As far as being mass-produced, this boat is the furthest thing from that. Take a moment sometime to speak with someone knowledgeable on the construction of the boat or better yet, take a look at one up close yourself. There are some items on this boat that you will not find on any other boat in the industry right now.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Great looking boat!!
The color's are a little over-the-top for me ( I prefer a little more "old-school" simple, especially in the interior) But it's a good looking boat.
Congrats on the numbers!

I noticed in the one pic the cutout in the gunwale at the helm. Do you have the throttles/shifters tucked in that area?? It's hard to tell from the pic.
Throttles and shifters are in their. They are canted inwards 16 degrees, and fit your hand perfectly, at least they fit mine that way. also in there are military spec switches and toggles to fire the engines, there is only one key to put power to them. The trim and tab switches are just forward of the throttles for easy access. Those modules are layed up at the factory then sent to Mitch to custom paint them however you want them.

After putting 40 hours on mine the last few months I am convinced you have to spend a little time looking through the boat to appreciate all the custom work they did. There is nothing about the boat that is assembly line like.

The boat in the pics on this thread will be at Lauderdale. Mine will be at Chicago.

Ron P - I agree with Jass. A comparison article would be interesting.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
It is definitely not an old school or Florida boat look. It is futuristic looking in some aspects. As far as being mass-produced, this boat is the furthest thing from that. Take a moment sometime to speak with someone knowledgeable on the construction of the boat or better yet, take a look at one up close yourself. There are some items on this boat that you will not find on any other boat in the industry right now.
You now get to drive everytime we go out!
Old 10-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Registered

Here is some better pictures of the side modules which hold the throttles etc. Also one of the port side.
Attached Thumbnails New F4 with 700's hits 100 MPH-side-combing.jpg   New F4 with 700's hits 100 MPH-side-combing1.jpg  

Last edited by Mentalpause; 10-18-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I never said anything regarding the construction or implied that the quality was not top shelf, I was just voicing my opinion (like everyone else) on the appearance. I used the word "looks"
Old 10-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I never said anything regarding the construction or implied that the quality was not top shelf, I was just voicing my opinion (like everyone else) on the appearance. I used the word "looks"
Ah, I see said the blind man. I know I don't like the Sunsation logo being so prominent on the hull sides. To me that kinda cheapens the look of the boat somewhat. Others love it though.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeaa, no-one cares about the cabins on a 100MPH boat but this it's definetly a looker in the cabin as well! The model is mine so back off.....

Quick Reply: New F4 with 700's hits 100 MPH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.