Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Navasink River (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/142999-navasink-river.html)

Comanche3Six 10-20-2006 04:41 PM

Re: Navasink River

Originally Posted by hunster
if you can afford the taxes god bless you! :cool:

God did bless me, and I can't afford the taxes.

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir?s...ckedItemPage=1

Panther 10-20-2006 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by On The Heat
Thanks for the recall on Irwin's...that was it. There has to be a marina that would hold 75 boats...no? Keep me posted - I can make it back in 5.5 hrs :)

Irwins.....I'll forever have a sore spot in my gut from those f'ing people.... Chan totally screwed my father over back in the 80's...

Anyway, before my family moved down here (late 70's early 80's) they would take weekend trips with the boat and stay at Molly Pitcher and Mirasol. :cool:

And they are all sitting there for sale! Really anything over a mil is just sitting there. The boom is over here for a while. Don't get me wrong it's still an expensive area but there are a lot of deals out there , people aren't getting the prices they were a year or two ago. Exeption is riverfront property , if you can afford the taxes god bless you! :cool:

No Kiddin... My buddie built a house up in Scenic Highlands and just sold it for $1.2M. There was a house down the street that was competing with him when he was trying to sell and two weeks after he closed the owner dropped the price from $1.1M to $700K... :eek:

mr_velocity 10-20-2006 07:23 PM

And they are all sitting there for sale! Really anything over a mil is just sitting there. The boom is over here for a while. Don't get me wrong it's still an expensive area but there are a lot of deals out there , people aren't getting the prices they were a year or two ago. Exeption is riverfront property , if you can afford the taxes god bless you! :cool:

Almost $12K now, was $4200 when we moved in back in '91.

hunster 10-21-2006 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Almost $12K now, was $4200 when we moved in back in '91.

Thats why I left little silver , 2 acres , not on the water , old busted 4 br ranch , went from 6500 to over 19g in 5 years. 19000 to rent my property was just too much! Man this pic is old , my boat is still in the driveway!

Panther 10-24-2006 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Hunster, remember coming back from the brunch run when we got on it out in the snot and you asked me how fast we went? Well, I checked my GPS recall.....not to shabby for some snotty water eh! :evilb: :evilb:

Looks like I put on 1100 miles and 50 hours since I reset the GPS in July! :drink:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 10-24-2006 08:17 PM

That 9.6 number on the top left there.... Is that the average wave height? :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :D

Panther 10-24-2006 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
That 9.6 number on the top left there.... Is that the average wave height? :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :D

Always stirrin the pot! I wish I stayed in it longer because the boat was just getting up to speed.. :cool:

Yep....average wave height! :D Mr_Velocity will tell you it's 50 hours of idle and rive time though... :eek: :rolleyes:

Panther 10-24-2006 09:08 PM

Hunster...what do you know about GPS?? I was flipping thru the setup options and there is something turned on that's called a "speed filter". When I did a search on the internet it said that it averages speed over the course of time to give your speed.

Hey, I wonder if this is why my GPS was reading different then everyone else's "claimed" speeds when they were getting hammered by an old pink and lumpy resin bucket! :evilb:

sakoutis3 10-25-2006 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Panther
Always stirrin the pot! I wish I stayed in it longer because the boat was just getting up to speed.. :cool:

Yep....average wave height! :D Mr_Velocity will tell you it's 50 hours of idle and rive time though... :eek: :rolleyes:

49.9999999 hours idling in the river 0.0000001 hours with the hand held on the Parkway in the your truck. :evilb: :evilb: :drink: :drink:

Shark if the pink Apache ever saw a ten foot wave it would've pissed its pants. The only time that boat see's water that big is when Frank takes a picture on the beach and brings it down to the dock. :D

hunster 10-25-2006 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Panther
Hunster...what do you know about GPS?? I was flipping thru the setup options and there is something turned on that's called a "speed filter". When I did a search on the internet it said that it averages speed over the course of time to give your speed.

Hey, I wonder if this is why my GPS was reading different then everyone else's "claimed" speeds when they were getting hammered by an old pink and lumpy resin bucket! :evilb:

Try turning it off. I too read it on the garmin site , what the hell would you need that for?