Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Spot Free Water Conditioners for your Boat? >

Spot Free Water Conditioners for your Boat?

Notices

Spot Free Water Conditioners for your Boat?

Old 09-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Spot Free Water Conditioners for your Boat?

I am looking at portable spotless water conditioners. I HATE water spots and my boat is large and in the Florida hot sun I can't dry it before it starts to spot's

Which would you get?

www.crspotless.com
www.spotfreeh20.com

I am leaning towards the spotfreeh20 model because for $375 I get 1000 gallons of use before a recharge. The recharge is flushing the unit backwards with Salt Brine and Water. The crspotless model comes on a handy cart for $349 but you only get 100 gallons of water and have to spend money on there recharging kit.

Anyone here have any experience with these products? Which would you choose and why. They are confusing on how they work.

thanks, Mike
Old 10-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Spot Free Water Conditioners for your Boat?

Did you ever purchase a system? I'm looking into it as well for my RV and boat.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:28 PM
jtmiller02

my friend has one he uses on his prevost, that thing is sweet

i think the one he has is similar to the spot free model

Old 10-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Registered

Nope, never got one yet. I am checking into a whole house system and having the hose by the garage plumbed and the dock plumbed for the water softner system. I washed my car at my neighbors house just to see if there system work and it does cut way down on the spotting.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:49 PM
Registered

I have a Kinetico whole house system. The Kinetico mounts outside the house and does not need electricity to run as it has two tanks that switch automatically with a water flow timer.

If you are interested, call me at my office and I will have my water softner guy call you.

Andy Buzz
Maximum Home Theater
813-887-4(MAX)
Old 10-18-2006, 06:18 AM
Registered

Mike,

I would can the idea of a portable softener and simply install a whole house system. If I remember correctly, your house is pre-plumbed and should be a piece of cake. Do you know if the plumber tied in the hose bibb at the dock up stream or downstream of the softener loop? You may have to have the dock tap rerouted downstream of the loop so you can get soft water out there. Typically, one hose bibb would be tapped ahead of the softener loop. On my house, I only use the hose bibbs that are on the softener and it really does help with the spots. Don't worry about salt usage. I throw a few bags in every couple of months. Make certain that whoever installs it knows that you will be washing your boat frequently with soft water. You will want a higher capacity softener to minimize salt refills and backwash cycles.

Mike
Old 10-18-2006, 06:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

I am interested in the whole house system. Can anyone give me an approx price so as I dont waste the sales rep person's time if it is too high. Thanks Jeff
Old 10-18-2006, 07:46 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Buzz
I have a Kinetico whole house system. The Kinetico mounts outside the house and does not need electricity to run as it has two tanks that switch automatically with a water flow timer.

If you are interested, call me at my office and I will have my water softner guy call you.

Andy Buzz
Maximum Home Theater
813-887-4(MAX)
If you guys go whole house the Kinetico is the way to go. It's on demand only, uses very little salt and no electricity. From what I understand they also condition better.
My out buildings are not hooked up to my house system I had just considered an in line filter at the tap that I could switch on for my rinse
Old 10-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Registered

Hey Mike, I am not sure about how it is all plumbed but yes it was pre-plumbed. I have got to get a system in the next few weeks....big boat, black freakin cars and Lisa's tub all need some help ya know! So anyway, what's up....call me sometime
813-335-2937 see ya, Mike

Andy, I will call you and get you guys number! Thanks!
Mike

Originally Posted by BigMike
Mike,

I would can the idea of a portable softener and simply install a whole house system. If I remember correctly, your house is pre-plumbed and should be a piece of cake. Do you know if the plumber tied in the hose bibb at the dock up stream or downstream of the softener loop? You may have to have the dock tap rerouted downstream of the loop so you can get soft water out there. Typically, one hose bibb would be tapped ahead of the softener loop. On my house, I only use the hose bibbs that are on the softener and it really does help with the spots. Don't worry about salt usage. I throw a few bags in every couple of months. Make certain that whoever installs it knows that you will be washing your boat frequently with soft water. You will want a higher capacity softener to minimize salt refills and backwash cycles.

Mike
Old 10-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Registered

Some of the research I have done indicates unless the unit is DI (demineralized), reverse osmosis you will still need to spend time drying off to prevent spotting. However I'm sure most of the watersofting system will help. Here are links to several companys that claim they are spot free. If anyone has experience or know some one that has one please reply back. The Mr. Clean unit I have doesn't work to well and before I spend 300-600 I want to be sure it works.

www.crspotless.com

http://www.spotfreeh2o.com/

http://www.adamspolishes.com/site/pr...15786F186B414A

http://www.flowpur.com/html/rv_water_softener.html

http://www.portablewatersoftener.com/osmosis.htm

http://www.hayesequipment.com/spot_f...le_chamois.htm

http://www.harborhelpers.com/water%20softener.htm

Quick Reply: Spot Free Water Conditioners for your Boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.