Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NEW Eliminator 430 Eagle (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143250-new-eliminator-430-eagle.html)

Anarchy Powerboats 10-20-2006 10:46 PM

Re: NEW Eliminator 430 Eagle

Originally Posted by 9 Lives
Do some of you think that when a manufacturer builds a new hull, or in this case, buys existing molds, he should put in the type of power package that offers direct comparison to something else out there?

Or should they just put in monster power and see how fast it's capable of handling right off the bat?

I would think what most manufacturers would want is to say. "Look, we just put in the same power package as Brands X,Y and Z and we're faster and handle better." Or, "Our boat is 5 ft. bigger and runs as well as theirs."

My guess is that they'll try the new Mercury 700 SCi with the NXT drives in a staggered configuration. This looks like it's going to be a real popular package for the big deep V's. And comparable.

My .02 cents :cool:

Alot of the 43's were triples, with some of the bigger HP pkgs minus the weight of the 3rd powerplant I think you will see some respectable numbers, nothing earth shattering but respectable.

Pantera1 10-20-2006 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
I don't think so. They leased both mold and deck from Larry Smith. Plan as I understood it was they were going to use the molds they have for now and possibly change the deck mold in the future. That is PURE Scarab deck in those pics, right down to the cabin windows.

And Yes, Larry Smith still builds custom Larry Smith Scarabs in Santa Barbara Ca.

It is sweet and a smart move by Eliminator to get the mold.

True

9 Lives 10-21-2006 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
Alot of the 43's were triples, with some of the bigger HP pkgs minus the weight of the 3rd powerplant I think you will see some respectable numbers, nothing earth shattering but respectable.

True, the obvious choice is probably triple 525's, but I was probably thinking of the Sunsation F4 comparison with the 700's.

Not sure about the pricing difference of these two packages. Probably similar, but trips would definitely be easier to dock and you could get it up and bring it home on two if you had to.

Plus, it's always cool when a third motor barks to life.

Staggered 1075's is what I hope they use. Giddyup :p

mpally 10-21-2006 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank
I don't think so. They leased both mold and deck from Larry Smith. Plan as I understood it was they were going to use the molds they have for now and possibly change the deck mold in the future. That is PURE Scarab deck in those pics, right down to the cabin windows.

Isn't the freeboard much less than the Scarabs? It doesn't look very deep for a 43.

2112 10-21-2006 07:10 PM

I hope they dont start adding F-16 canopies and the those humps down the deck. Nice clean lines the way it is right now.

Pantera1 10-21-2006 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by mpally
Isn't the freeboard much less than the Scarabs? It doesn't look very deep for a 43.

Great lines .. Id take mine with a pair of big diesels and asd8's

Jassman 10-21-2006 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Great lines .. Id take mine with a pair of big diesels and asd8's

Now you're talking, thats exactly what I put in my 43 Norteck. :cool: I personally am glad that Eliminator obtained the molds, I always liked the lines of those 43 Scarabs. I dont care for the paint scheme, but thats personal preference. Yes it's typical west coast, but that's ok, it's also good to see other alternatives vs just East coast or what ever the south has to offer. It is good to see a few more 43 size boats coming out like new F-4 from Sunsation, the 42 Nordic, 43 A.T. and so on, it makes for great competition. Would like to see more pics when finished, Good Luck with the project. :cool: Jeff

offshoredrillin 10-22-2006 05:52 AM

The colors dont do it for me, but I love the boat and the layout. I could have gotten one and it was a toss up between the scarab and the Tiger, the deciding factor for me was at the time I didnt want triples. I loved the layout of the scarab interior/cabin as well.

FeverMike 10-22-2006 07:27 AM

I think the graphics and gel colors are typical of just about every other wild paint job out there right now. The problem with the graphics on this boat is they look like every other so called hot graphics job....nothing original. That being said they are eye catching and knowing Eliminator are probably perfect!

Ratickle 10-22-2006 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
I think the graphics and gel colors are typical of just about every other wild paint job out there right now. The problem with the graphics on this boat is they look like every other so called hot graphics job....nothing original. That being said they are eye catching and knowing Eliminator are probably perfect!

I think they are eye catching also. Having moved from the West Coast to the Midwest, and being familiar with with both styles, the main difference in my mind is that an East Coast builder wouldn't dream of attempting anything even close to that in the gel. It's all paint out here where the "Best of the West" do it in the gel. Other than that the schemes are very similiar other than the Mitcher T's etc. I do think that one needs more blue on the sides to match the deck.