Revolution Performance Marine?

Notices

Revolution Performance Marine?

Old 10-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revolution Performance Marine?

Saw an ad in Powerboat,www.rpmpowerboats.com They are apparently building a 26'cat about an hour and 1/2 down the road from me,but I never heard of them. Who are these guys?
Old 10-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Default Re: Revolution Performance Marine?

Interesting

Last edited by Magicfloat; 10-24-2006 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:09 AM
Registered

It's a new boat manufacture. I met the owner-builder at the powerboat mag tests last week at Sarasota Fla. The builder is very fussy on detail and testing. If you are interested in this type of boat I highly recommend you check this boat out. If I remember correctly the boat ran 94 MPH with a stock 525. Ain't bad. Priced fairly as well. If you contact him, tell him Henry with the yellow Superboat said hello.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Registered

i think there was a thread a little while back about this boat...if i remember correctly. I think the build was on here, or a dealer or something
Old 10-24-2006, 11:01 AM
Registered

looks like a nice. kind of reminds me a scaled down nortech. if he's really running 94 on stock 525, that's damn impressive!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Saw an ad in Powerboat,www.rpmpowerboats.com They are apparently building a 26'cat about an hour and 1/2 down the road from me,but I never heard of them. Who are these guys?
Magic - we are a new manufacturer. I have spent 2 1/2 years from CAD design through 5-axis routing of the plugs with Doug Wright to molds etc. Our boat is fairly unique in its design and utilizes 13 seperate molds to date with 2 more being finished as we speak. We have been to both Hot Boat and Powerboat's fall performance evaluations this year. Like Henry stated the boat that we took is equipped with a 525 with ITS and shortened sportmaster with 1.5:1 and a labbed 34 bravo. With just me in the boat it will slam the rev limiter at 98.1 on the GPS. It will run right at a 100 but it is rather slow out of the hole setup to do it and doesn't carry weight real well in that configuration. We spent two days at X-Site doing a bunch of prop and gear testing to come up with a setup that works well in various conditions.

You are more then welcome to come take a ride at any time. Just give me couple of days notice. By the way though you are not familiar with us, I am familiar with you through a friend who bought a 38 Powerquest from you a few years back. You have always treated him extremely well!

Steve Tripp
Revolution Performance Marine
Old 10-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Steve,thanks for the intro. Your name was brought up among some other friends during the Boat Ban hearing in Montgomery a few weeks ago. I remember your friend with the PQ. Would love to come by and say hello sometime. The season is winding down a little,maybe we can come down and see your operation. Nice to know a new company is so close to us.Wish you the best as an Alabama boat builder. Robert

Last edited by Magicfloat; 10-24-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Registered

Steve, you are getting some INCREDIBLE numbers with that boat!!!!!! i should have you set up my 25 daytona i wish you the best of luck!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rude
Steve, you are getting some INCREDIBLE numbers with that boat!!!!!! i should have you set up my 25 daytona i wish you the best of luck!
Rude - I would be glad to assist in any way we can, but a lot of our performance is desgn related. We spent a great deal of time running aero and hydrodynamic simulations on the design before going to 5-axis milling. As you can probably guess we are elated with the performance that we are getting. Believe it or not, it is exactly in line with the simulations.

Steve
Old 10-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Steve,is Wayne from ODBA your brother?

Quick Reply: Revolution Performance Marine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.