Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New hobby, whole new set of problems. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143438-new-hobby-whole-new-set-problems.html)

LubeJobs42 10-23-2006 11:38 AM

Re: New hobby, whole new set of problems.

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Gino:

Funny as H E L L . I just remembered something. I guess it was 2000 and I saw you loose your trailer at the ramp in Sarasota - haha. You're a trip!

Oh my god, I forgot about that!!

sakoutis3 10-23-2006 11:40 AM

Gino I recomended stamp collecting before but have changed my mind. :cool: That is entirely to dangerouse for you. :eek: Think of the loss of limbs due to paper cuts. :drink: :drink:

Ted G 10-23-2006 11:48 AM

Gino, with your luck maybe a nice set of kayaks would be the way to go, but you'd probably run into a pack of manatees with a taste for meat or something :D

Seriously, get a set of those guide poles for the outside of your jetski trailer. They stick up so you can see them out the back window and see when the trailer starts to pivot to one side or the other. They are especially helpful when there is no ski on the trailer. Other than that you need to hire an "Aquatic Activities Manager" to take care of all this BS, so you just show and go :evilb:

DollaBill 10-23-2006 11:55 AM

Gino, you should start hanging with me and steve and cash bar, etc. We do a little boating, but more drinking really. This way the only thing we can hurt is the bar tab. Let's discuss it Friday night :)

sellsman11 10-23-2006 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
Gino I recomended stamp collecting before but have changed my mind. :cool: That is entirely to dangerouse for you. :eek: Think of the loss of limbs due to paper cuts. :drink: :drink:

You beat me to it!! :evilb: :evilb:

Good Luck and Be Safe Gino!!!

LubeJobs42 10-23-2006 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Katapult
NEVER NEVER " NEVER" touch any firearms :D :eek:

2 years ago a friend got 5 guns from an employee. He asked me to try to sell them. I broght them to a gun show. As I was going in there was a table with 2 cops inpecting the guns to see if they are loaded. When it was my turn I told the cop I had 5 old guns. I didn't know how to open 2 of them and wasn't sure if they were loaded. He told me "no problem, that's what we are here for". He checked the first couple of guns and he was impressed with the 4th one. The cop next to him was misreable! there was a line building behind us so he said how many more do you have? I said, only 1 more, he's almost done. He insisted "Just give it to me"! I handed it to him, he snatched it form my hands. I went back to talking to the first cop and all of a sudden BOOM!!! it was the loudest thing I ever heard! Thegun went off. The cop took the gun and tossed it in my chest. He said "WHERE THE F**K DI THAT ROUND COME FROM?" I told him you were checking it, I told this guy I didn't know if it was loaded. He then asked for my concelled weapons permit. As soon as I said I didn't have one, I was on the floor face down and my girl was up against the wall. There was a lot of screaming and commotion. Cops came from everywhere. A few seconds went by, a guy comes around the corner being helped by friends, blood pooring from his calf. A second later another guy comes around the corner holding his thigh. Antoher second goes by and a third guy comes hoppong around the corner blood all over his boot. Taqlk about 3 birds, one stone. The cop managed to hit 3 people with one shot. He put a tie strap on the gun to secure the trigger but never checked to see if it was loaded. When he tightened the tie strap the trigger got compressed and fired the one round. We were there getting harassed and questioned for over 4 hours. After talking to internal affairs, every police chief, detective from city, county, state etc etc, they told me i was not in any trouble. The cop was. I guess its a big deal if a cop discharges a gun by accident. I am currently being suied but it probably won't go anywhere. I keep my gun handling to a minimum now. This story is on the internet if you want to read more. I'm not sure exactly where.
You mentioned gun use!! Been there, done that!!

LubeJobs42 10-23-2006 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com
Gino, you should start hanging with me and steve and cash bar, etc. We do a little boating, but more drinking really. This way the only thing we can hurt is the bar tab. Let's discuss it Friday night :)

I can't function normally without drinking, could you imagine if I was drunk!!

Airpacker 10-23-2006 12:25 PM

Gino, I highly suggest you NEVER EVEN THINK about taking up flying small aircraft, you'll crash for sure. Never take up spear fishing, mountain climbing, motor racing of any type, ah heck, if you took up knitting, we'd read about how you managed to stick both knitting needles completely through your body while you were attempting to darn the socks you ripped while falling down the stairs. :evilb:

Seriously, I think maybe you need to request a screen name change to "Don't approach me unless you're well insured". :)

LubeJobs42 10-23-2006 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Gino, I highly suggest you NEVER EVEN THINK about taking up flying small aircraft, you'll crash for sure. Never take up spear fishing, mountain climbing, motor racing of any type, ah heck, if you took up knitting, we'd read about how you managed to stick both knitting needles completely through your body while you were attempting to darn the socks you ripped while falling down the stairs. :evilb:

Seriously, I think maybe you need to request a screen name change to "Don't approach me unless you're well insured". :)

Believe it or not, I actually consider myself to be very lucky in the stuff that really matters. In business, my family, friends I am very very fortunate. Thank goodness my bad luck only affects my extracurricular activities! I find it all very funny.

t500hps 10-23-2006 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
2 years ago a friend got 5 guns from an employee. He asked me to try to sell them. I broght them to a gun show. As I was going in there was a table with 2 cops inpecting the guns to see if they are loaded. When it was my turn I told the cop I had 5 old guns. I didn't know how to open 2 of them and wasn't sure if they were loaded. He told me "no problem, that's what we are here for". He checked the first couple of guns and he was impressed with the 4th one. The cop next to him was misreable! there was a line building behind us so he said how many more do you have? I said, only 1 more, he's almost done. He insisted "Just give it to me"! I handed it to him, he snatched it form my hands. I went back to talking to the first cop and all of a sudden BOOM!!! it was the loudest thing I ever heard! Thegun went off. The cop took the gun and tossed it in my chest. He said "WHERE THE F**K DI THAT ROUND COME FROM?" I told him you were checking it, I told this guy I didn't know if it was loaded. He then asked for my concelled weapons permit. As soon as I said I didn't have one, I was on the floor face down and my girl was up against the wall. There was a lot of screaming and commotion. Cops came from everywhere. A few seconds went by, a guy comes around the corner being helped by friends, blood pooring from his calf. A second later another guy comes around the corner holding his thigh. Antoher second goes by and a third guy comes hoppong around the corner blood all over his boot. Taqlk about 3 birds, one stone. The cop managed to hit 3 people with one shot. He put a tie strap on the gun to secure the trigger but never checked to see if it was loaded. When he tightened the tie strap the trigger got compressed and fired the one round. We were there getting harassed and questioned for over 4 hours. After talking to internal affairs, every police chief, detective from city, county, state etc etc, they told me i was not in any trouble. The cop was. I guess its a big deal if a cop discharges a gun by accident. I am currently being suied but it probably won't go anywhere. I keep my gun handling to a minimum now. This story is on the internet if you want to read more. I'm not sure exactly where.
You mentioned gun use!! Been there, done that!!

Since no one was hurt, I'm LMAO!
Any producers on OSO. Gino really needs his own sit-com. :D