Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What's more exciting to watch? NASCAR or Offshore? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143528-whats-more-exciting-watch-nascar-offshore.html)

West 02-01-2007 04:00 PM

Re: What's more exciting to watch? NASCAR or Offshore?

Offshore racing,I hate nascrap

CN24 02-01-2007 04:22 PM

offshore

fountain1fan 02-01-2007 05:01 PM

nascar sucks ! sorry race girl 3 .

Racegirl3 02-01-2007 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by fountain1fan (Post 2012592)
nascar sucks ! sorry race girl 3 .

:D

Zudnic 02-01-2007 05:38 PM

Either if they have a beer garden!!!! :D

Easy to please.....:drink:

GLH 02-01-2007 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Offshore if it is DVRed and you can skip the 40 Fountain commercials...

But it's a close call... Not much beats watching NASCAR on my big leather couch napping after a 4 Momossa brunch...

allfiredup 02-01-2007 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by NASCAT (Post 1914958)
My Avatar & screen name should give away my answer but to be honest w/ you I've been traveling the NASCAR circuit for 14yrs & am about to witness my fist Offshore Race in KW.

My initial response would be NASCAR if we are talking about viewing on TV for all the obvious reasons but viewing them live might tell a different story.

Again attending a race allows one to see the race from the stands, pits, garage, different turns etc, etc (assuming one has the proper credentials) where as an Offshore race you can only see the boats when they are running near where you are watching from unless you are on board a boat & can move around. You can also scan team communications which I'm not sure is available to Offshore spectators.

Overall I believe that NASCAR offers more to the fans b/c of the size & popularity of the sport whether it be from the grandstands or your easy chair but that didn't happen overnight. NASCAR doesn't have the same financial struggles that Offshore does which obviously makes a huge difference.

Personally I believe I have the best seat in the house as a Spotter w/ the ability to see the entire racetrack from above often anticipating wrecks before they even happen. On the downside, no food, drink, heat, A/C or instant replay! Unfortunately for the fans it's difficult for them to see all the way around Dover b/c the horse track in the middle is above the racing surface.

Ultimately I will reserve my final comment until my return from KW something I'm very much looking forward to. I get to be the fan & ask all the silly questions everyone asks the competitors for a change.

Obviously it's personal preference when you are speaking more exciting to watch if you haven't actually attend each live as well as watched them both on the boob tube!

Just one mans $.02

Hey nascat who do you work for & what series I also work in the industry not many people are in go-fast boats.