Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   444 Hustler at Aqua Toy Store (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143583-444-hustler-aqua-toy-store.html)

Strip Poker 388 10-24-2006 02:36 PM

444 Hustler at Aqua Toy Store

1 Attachment(s)
How can a dealer keep a boat this long with out loosing $$$.You would think they would dump it to get something out of it?Claims 113 MPH .Maybe its the engines scaring people??? Why not re power it? I know they got it in a trade deal from lake Cumberland marine.Its been there at least 3 years now:eek: It sure is a sharp looking boat just to be sitting on a lot.

http://www.aquatoystore.com/gallery/viewlisting.php?list_id=320&stock=200244'%20HUSTLE R&view=Used%20Boats&sort=Make

big biz
http://www.anthonyholdings.com/

Boomer 880 10-24-2006 03:58 PM

Re: 444 Hustler at Aqua Toy Store

Maybe if they keep it long enough, it will become a collector's item :drink:

FSTCT 10-24-2006 04:32 PM

The boat really is a beautiful boat. Put together real nice. I work here at The Aqua Toy Store and will tell you if you have an interest in it to please make an offer. Lets not worry about who is losing or making money here. Or...we could put it this way. Maybe our loss is your gain.

Strip Poker 388 10-24-2006 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by FSTCT
The boat really is a beautiful boat. Put together real nice. I work here at The Aqua Toy Store and will tell you if you have an interest in it to please make an offer. Lets not worry about who is losing or making money here. Or...we could put it this way. Maybe our loss is your gain.

I wonder why there's not much interest in it ? How many hours are on it? Me personally I would be scared of the motors.But I like doing all my on motor work figured it would be hard to get parts and I would have to learn how to work on it :drink:

hammer01 10-24-2006 05:09 PM

curious as to the hours on the motors, service work done and builder, etc. pm me and would like to discuss other details. thanks hammer

super termoli 10-24-2006 05:32 PM

My understanding is that if you have a problem with those Torques (and apparently, they have their weak points), you're pretty much on your own. The company is out of business, the tooling and design was apparently bought by Callan/Sterling who were supposed to make changes and restart production but I don't know what's going on with that. Therefore, getting parts must be impossible, other than buying another complete engine as a parts source. There is also a Skater for sale with a pair of Torques in there.

Apart from that, the 444 in question is a nice piece, very well put together and would probably work much better with a pair of lighter V8s. My impression is that it could lose some weight in the back...

lucky strike 10-24-2006 05:43 PM

The boat really is a beautiful boat. Put together real nice. Maybe our loss is your gain.

If you want a boat like this make the guy an offer.
Remember a bidder is better than a looker !

Biggus 10-24-2006 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by super termoli
My understanding is that if you have a problem with those Torques (and apparently, they have their weak points), you're pretty much on your own. The company is out of business, the tooling and design was apparently bought by Callan/Sterling who were supposed to make changes and restart production but I don't know what's going on with that. Therefore, getting parts must be impossible, other than buying another complete engine as a parts source. There is also a Skater for sale with a pair of Torques in there.

Apart from that, the 444 in question is a nice piece, very well put together and would probably work much better with a pair of lighter V8s. My impression is that it could lose some weight in the back...

Last week while visiting shops along the NJ coast for Konrad Marine, I saw a pair of Torque V-12's getting a major overhaul at Professional Marine Racing in Brick NJ. Looked like Dan had it handled very well.

Kurt

Buddy OO 10-24-2006 06:25 PM

tried to buy it a few months back without the power and they got close to my offer but would'nt move anymore. the Torques are the problem.

texaschopper 10-24-2006 10:03 PM

They have also had that 50' Nor-Tech with the turbines for ever