Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OK have narrowed down my choices (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143631-ok-have-narrowed-down-my-choices.html)

cuda 10-27-2006 09:45 PM

Re: OK have narrowed down my choices

Originally Posted by t500hps
So the 353 Formula AND the 28 Pantera are both the same size as your boat? :rolleyes: :confused:

Damn near. I think I have pics of me rafted off with the 353 somewhere. I bet the running surface between it and the Pantera aren't much different.

cuda 10-27-2006 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the picture, not a good point of perspective, but where my cockpit cover is, it the near the end of my running surface, he's go a couple feet of swim platform about even with my transom.

t500hps 10-28-2006 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by cuda
Here's the picture, not a good point of perspective, but where my cockpit cover is, it the near the end of my running surface, he's go a couple feet of swim platform about even with my transom.

I know how they are measured and agree the 353 can't be much longer than yours. I just thought it was funny to see a post from you that the 35 Formula was about the same size as your boat.....10-12 posts later your saying the 28 Pantera is about the same size as your boat. If these guys (manufacturers) would all use the same ruler, we wouldn't have these discussions :D

S-S 10-28-2006 07:18 AM

bern i have seen the 28 pantera you are talking about up close and in person it is a nice boat and super clean the formula sounds like a good deal i have owned one and they ride well and have good fit and finish .but do you run with a group of freinds boats when you are out if you do what do they have if they are 35 ft + boats? like panther said you are going get beat up trying to hang with them in a 30

berns29scarab 10-28-2006 09:00 AM

you all have valid points and i appreciate all of your input. guess i just have to decide if i'll be atleast semi happy with a 70-72 mph boat. yes i know there are somethings that can be done to kick her in the azzz a lil bit, but my main goals are A) something to handle some sloppy East Coast Water B) reliabilty and durability C) resale (of course) and last but not least D) fun factor and with that being said i'm leaning towards the 353. and worst case senario if its to much of a GENTLEMANS PERFORMANCE BOAT for me...i'll splash it in the spring and if its not for me there's always the classifieds...Again thank you all for your input...now lemme get back to trailer pricing HE HE HE HE!! :drink:

Panther 10-28-2006 09:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bern...2004 up the Hudson.. :cool:

berns29scarab 10-28-2006 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Panther
Bern...2004 up the Hudson.. :cool:

that looks just like the boat im looking at !!

berns29scarab 10-28-2006 09:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
fav part of the boat is the deck

berns29scarab 10-28-2006 09:56 AM

3 Attachment(s)
few more

Jigsaw89 10-28-2006 10:08 AM

I'd go for the Formula if the survey comes back w/good results. Sharp lookin' boat!

Dan