Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wow, A great Boat insurance story, finally! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143633-wow-great-boat-insurance-story-finally.html)

boatme 10-26-2006 01:57 PM

Re: Wow, A great Boat insurance story, finally!

Jupiter what do you do for a living ????

customryder 10-26-2006 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
TO JUPITER SUNSATION: That's a great idea,I will now collect my social security and ride off into the sunset. :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

:D

apache21 10-26-2006 10:00 PM

I have had great results with American National Insurance compaines. Best rates on my two cars, house, life, boat ect. Also if you don't have any claims in three years you get a % of your preniums back. I just recieved a check for $580.00 in the mail last week. It is called Cashback from ANPAC. Here is the link.

http://www.anico.com/welcome.dhtml

Dblvanos 10-26-2006 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
CR has it right.

You are all fooling yourselves on how much the agent cares about you. They care about their paychecks and premium renewals.

Your goal as a insured should be to get the best coverage available at the lowest cost. All insurance companies will try to limit losses by denying claims/ paying lower repair/replacement costs.

The whole industry should go to the Geico idea with no agents and lower costs. I know a few agents personally and they all gripe about making less money than in years past because clients are shopping around. The best thing is to annually shop all of your insurance needs.

I think many industries would benefit greatly by cutting out the middleman. Cars and Boats should be sold like groceries (the price marked is the price paid, real price not MSRP). Insurance agents/ realtors should be eliminated just like stock brokers are being weeded out now. Simplify the world and keep more money in the people's pockets!

So all I am worried about is my commission check? That is why I shop multiple companies and give the lowest rate (IE the lowest commission) You want everyone to go the way of GEICO? Fine, understand 98% of the nation is not insurance savvy. The other 2%? They will either be in the industry or have had enough claims to know what is going on. As an adjuster I busted my ass to help people every day. I would put my ass on the line and fight with my manager when I did not agree with a decision. As an agent, i smooth talk underwriters everyday to accept a risk or to allow a scenario so insurance is affordable.

Your right, geico is great with writing policies and paying claims, BUT and a big BUT! Only when it is a straight cut situation. If you want everyone running around with minimum limits then buy your geico and cut out the agents. I advise customers everyday to up their limits and buy more protection. That is a double edged knife as an agent, that opens me up to a higher loss ratio. What does that mean? it means that I can be dropped as an agent, it means I might not get a bonus, it means I might not get a contract with a preferred carrier.

I am not omnipotent by any means, yes I go to work in the morning to make money. But I come home and sleep knowing that I have done my best to make someone elses life easier.

Dblvanos 10-26-2006 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Thanks for the input Db. Where do you live in FWB? What kind of boat do you have? I just finished up 1.5 year TDY @ Hurlburt, delivering a C-130 Talon II Flight simulator. Great place for boating, and raising a family. :D
Dean

I did live on Okaloosa Island in FWB for the last two years. In June I moved back up to WV to help out my fathers Agency. I miss Florida, I will be down for the worlds in Destin, plus I am planning a wedding over in Pensacola, so will be doing a little scouting. I am boat less at the moment, used the family crownline this summer. I miss the island and the beach more and more every day, especially as it gets cold and snow starts to fall.

boatme 10-27-2006 04:43 AM

Jupiter ?? do tell us what you do for a living

Donzi38ZXXX 10-27-2006 06:46 AM

I hit something & broke both my bravo outdrives over the summer and progreesive did an exccellent job with the claim. They bought new outdrives & all parts needed for repair at the shop of my choice. I am hoping I wont be dropped at renewal. This is my first claim

gsmith9898 10-27-2006 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by apache21
I have had great results with American National Insurance compaines. Best rates on my two cars, house, life, boat ect. Also if you don't have any claims in three years you get a % of your preniums back. I just recieved a check for $580.00 in the mail last week. It is called Cashback from ANPAC. Here is the link.

http://www.anico.com/welcome.dhtml

shhhhhhhhh, don't tell everyone, they insure my cat. :eek:

Jupiter Sunsation 10-27-2006 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by boatme
Jupiter ?? do tell us what you do for a living

I have been in the Pool business for 17 years. One of my best lines is that I don't play the used car pricing game with my business. You get my best price up front, I do not negotiate. I am that way with my purchases as well.l I bought my last 4 vehicles online, never competed with the salesman on his commision.

I understand guys like Sy and boat salesman like Boatme but don't they are good for the customer. The boat and insurance both have a cost and Sy/Mark add to that cost vs going direct to the insurer/manufacturer. You guys don't add anything to the boating experience except EXPENSE!

I know that is how you have made a living for years but being that the margin on new boats is 30-40% and insurance must be 20% or more I think that is a big chunk that the customer doesn't need to pay! How much better would the industry be if the boat/ insurance market was like Walmart, one price/no commision?

sy goldberg 10-27-2006 02:38 PM

JUPITER: I agree with you and that's why I buy my pool chemicals online to bypass the local businessman. I also wonder how many of your employees would run if someone shouted "IMMIGRATION". :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: