Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143637-reggies-new-35-lightning-does-103-525s.html)

ActiveFun 10-28-2006 12:23 AM

Re: Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Whats the cockpit like in a 35 with staggered motors?

Rippem 10-28-2006 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by 99fever27
Is their another 35' running 525's running these speeds (light on fuel or not)?

you mean another small 35' with a staggered layout shortie drives 5K props and 10 gals of gas?

quick answer...No

Rippem 10-28-2006 12:30 AM

as an aside:

you guys do realize that putting these (type of packages) in the hands of the masses in exchange for a check is going to kill it right?

think musclecar era...

gferdon 10-28-2006 06:53 AM

"yea...

how often is it that you hear a Fountain owner yapping about his boat running what's on the "performance report"? Not too often...

most often that figure gives him something to chase..."

Another "also ran" heard from...waah, waah, waah!

FeverMike 10-28-2006 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by gferdon
"yea...

how often is it that you hear a Fountain owner yapping about his boat running what's on the "performance report"? Not too often...

most often that figure gives him something to chase..."

Another "also ran" heard from...waah, waah, waah!

I've owned 2 Fountains and both have run and exceeded the test reports speeds. :D

Marginmn 10-28-2006 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by 9 Lives
Hear is a quote from Rik of Arneson Industries made on the current thread "Would you put Arneson Surface drives on a new boat?"

Can anyone else confirm this? Is everyone on here saying it was done with Bravos'?

Originally Posted by shogren
Don't DOUBT IT, I drove it, 4 people, 1/2 fuel, XR, Shorties, Lab Finished Maximus, 104 MPH up river, 107 MPH down river, here's some pics.

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com

There you go, straight from someone who's been in and driven the boat.

SmoothWaterSports 10-28-2006 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
I've owned 2 Fountains and both have run and exceeded the test reports speeds. :D

As mentioned, Fountain's delivered typically all exceed their production report. I've only been involved in the last few years, but I've not seen one that didn't surpass it.

Peter

Rippem 10-28-2006 02:03 PM

easy there beak-cult members, I was just going by threads I've seen here in the last 4 years where owners were looking for the extra MPH their boat ran on the Pamlico.
Had seen enough of those comments to lead me to believe it isn't often duplicated in the "real world"

I BEG your forgiveness for I have blasphemed. :rolleyes:

by far the most sensative owners on the board...

and no I don't hate Fountains by any means. I'd have no issues owning one. It'd have to be a 38' and up tho, cause I can't fit the helm of a 35' at 6'6"...

NefariousOne 10-28-2006 02:06 PM

Smooth water sports..... my lil brothers favorite place to go day dream...(die hard slalom / b footer). My folks got their Malibu from you guys I believe....

Rippem 10-28-2006 02:08 PM

so here's the next question, and a follow up to the "muscle car" comment...

is this an extremely tuned bottom, and drive setup? that the first couple idiots with nothing but a checkbook buy them, wreck, and send a backlash through the sport like we haven't seen before? As the boat is turn-key available from a mass-builder?

will alot of carriers start lowering the HP limit they will insure even lower?

can you guys see the beginning of the end?

EDIT: the acceleration of the end already in progress?