Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!! >

Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Notices

Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Old 10-30-2006, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Originally Posted by SLANDREW
Isn't there somthing about Rippem & 9 lives bieng pissed that Fountain boats are better on fuel safer faster than any other boat right now
that's fukking laughable. Talk about opinionated, your the pot calling the kettle black son.

check my posts. I respect the boats, and what Mr. Fountain has accomplished...but there is doom on the horizon and the unabashed gluttony for all-out speed in the recreational world is moving us to the end quicker than you might want to think!

BTW, how old are you? and just how long have you been around here? 800+ posts in 4 months...hmmm. Found a new home for your attitude???

PS your opinions mean nothing to me or anybody else who enjoys sportboats
did that ego come with the boat?

bury your head in the sand...maybe it's your parents money, maybe you have money...like your hero, and also don't care what the effect is gonna be on ins. ect. when they start getting wind, and passing the rumour amongst themselves and their underwriters that 525's make a "cigarette" style boat as big as 35' (advertised) go 100 MPH.

Thats right Fountain bla bla bla I will buy another bla bla bla very soon to enjoy
can I interest you in some gold and black pom-poms?

Last edited by Rippem; 10-30-2006 at 01:56 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rippem
9 Lives
Cosmic12

"You" guys are the most sensitive guys on this thread....

Its a 35' speedboat that runs very efficiently for it's size(meaning 35') than most, if not all others.
I don't know of any other "Speed" boat manufacturer/owner that puts that much R&D into their product line as RF...To ensure the customer has the fastest, safest, and best handling boat avalible.
It has nothing to do with check books and family money to own one...Fountains are the biggest bang for the buck.
So now I'm sounding like A Reggie cheerleader?...NOT, Its just fact.

Last edited by Back4More; 10-30-2006 at 03:50 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:02 AM
Registered

You too, are missing the point!!!!

The $ comment wasn't about buying one, it was about any of us having a sensible insurance premium in the future.

I'm talking about insurance implications!

I simply put up for consideration the subject of introducing a soon to be readily available, mass-produced and marketed package like that to anyone who can write the check! and the effect it's liable to have on all end users of such products!

The tunnel visionary defensiveness of F-boat owners is unreal!!!

It could have any name on the side!!

Fukk it..I'm out of trying to talk real issues and implications of this amazing boat being brought to market.

You can all go back to blowing each other now. I do understand that's what this thread was intended to be. Excuse me for interjecting a thought for all of us, not just Fountain owners/fans.

I'll look to see several of you pissing and moaning on the next insurance threads...
just wait, insurance for V's with over 500 HP is gonna go the way of cat insurance if this continues. It's gonna scare the carriers off!

Last edited by Rippem; 10-30-2006 at 04:24 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Back4More
Rippem
9 Lives
Cosmic12

"You" guys are the most sensitive guys on this thread....

No, just the most realistic and broadest thinking about what this really may mean to the recreational performance boater, not just the 30-50-100? who get to enjoy one of those rockets. Yes, a new hieght in performance for Fountain Powerboats, no question...

that's just another nail in the coffin...

Last edited by Rippem; 10-30-2006 at 04:27 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:36 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 9 Lives
Isn't there some story about SBI and Reggie not allowing Outerlimits to compete? That seems biased, if it's true.
It wasn't just OL, but how about Donzi and Team Firewater too ???

But yet they let an unseaworthy boat go out with shrinkwrap on its bottom to keep it afloat, only to idle across the starting line and turn back to their trailer...
Yup! Another great way to win a World Championship Title.

I will say this again, I don't dislike the boats, I just don't like that kind of BS and then have them go and brag and advertise that they won the World Championship in Super Vee Unlimited.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-30-2006, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

If it was up to some of you on this thread we would still be riding around in 60mph heavy, slow, straight v bottom boats from the 70-'s-80's.
If OL came out with a new 35' 100+mph boat in Lauderdale you all would be smelling OL's farts and claiming they are the hot new men's cologne!
Old 10-30-2006, 06:59 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
"The 35' Lightning is powered by two 525 horsepower Mercury engines for a top speed of 103 MPH"
Stellar numbers for who ever builds it.

Congrats to who has one that hauls like that.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Ok I agree that most people including myself lack the experience to operate a boat over 100 mph.And I also feel that with few exceptions, like out in the ocean with no one around 100 mph should be on a closed course.But before we all blame Reggie there are cats out there stock out of the box that will run way more and In my opinion a V hull is more stable
Also at least 80% of boating deaths would have been avoided if the occupants had live vests on.Somehow it needs to become the norm to wear a vest and kill switches.And yes I wear both all the time
You are very correct. And thats why cat insurance has become damn near impossible to afford. V's will be next... mark my words. We all know that a cat is much more stable at 100+mph than a V, and to tell you the truth i've been in a few 36-38ft V's that run just under/just over 100 and my 30 Spectre with outboards was much more sure footed. Not knocking Reggie or his product by any means CONGRATS ! are in order for sure. Just bad timing in my opinion. Diff strokes for diff folks i guess.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rippem
Do you really think at this point in his life he could care less if his contibution causes us ave. guys to get crushed out of the hobby/sport by speed, and only the richest can afford to do this at all?

NO. I'm sure he could give a sh!t less...

He most likely does care simply for the fact that he wants to continue to sell boats at a reasonable cost when compared to many other mfgrs.......he does work real hard at making his boats handle speed. Fountain can now promote their boats with smaller power such as the 496's and speeds comparible to Formula, Donzi, etc. for less $$ and more effecient. Whats wrong with that??? Pointing the finger at Reggie for our insurance costs or our ability to enjoy the sport is quite amusing.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rippem
yea...

how often is it that you hear a Fountain owner yapping about his boat running what's on the "performance report"? Not too often...

most often that figure gives him something to chase...
"I know she's got another ________ MPH (fill in the blank) in her, Reggie says so" and besides that, that ________ MPH (that I'm not seeing) is bought and paid for.

So OK, a ringer tuned, staggered nontheless, 33 ft boat runs 100+ on what is at least 1100 HP, shortie drives (how's it come over?) and 5K props...

this is earth-shattering??
I can tell ya. I have had 2 Fountains & both run
exactly whats on the performence sheet.

Quick Reply: Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.