Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143637-reggies-new-35-lightning-does-103-525s.html)

SLOWOUTBOARD 11-01-2006 05:28 PM

Re: Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
#1 I don't dislike the Fountain boats. See my coverage of photos from all the events.

#2 Fountain supports Fountain. He is funding the whole show so he is calling all the shots. Just as he did in KW last year.
Unfortunately if JC doesn't follow orders from the money source he looses his sponsorship. Then who does he turn too?

#3 From what I see, your are wrong about the SBI having the largest S Vee fleet, but that was never important now was it ? Especially in Super Vee Unlimited.

#4 Outerlimits already tried to race Super Vee Unlimited with SBI in Key West last year until Reggie heard about it and put a stop to it. Reggie had his opportunity to race them in Key West and turned them away along with Donzi and the Firewater Team leaving him to go out with his BRAND NEW boat that had to be kept afloat with shrink wrap only to idle across the start line to give him a World Chumpionship Title. It doesn't get any more pathetic than that. :rolleyes:

Downtown42,
Whatever the OL trophy room may look like, at least they were earned with competition and not bought ...

I assure you that you won't see an OL getting a Super Vee World Title the way that the Fountain took the one last year in Key West and then brag about it. :rolleyes:

I think it is safe to say that OSS wouldn't have allowed the boat to even be on the course if knowing it couldn't pass pre-race inspection due to the brand new boat's bottom had delaminated in testing....

why werent the OL's allowed to race? what was the reason?

TeamSaris 11-01-2006 05:47 PM

I like the beaks and their individuality but im no "true blue fan". I went for a ride in an 2007 38 yesterday. It had staggerd 600s and with the wrong props (on the rev limiters) was running 98 mph. Thats FAST!! And it was not squirly at all with no tab input except for the blocks. For a stock boat, thats damn good and if the 35 runs better with 525s, more power to fountain to sell em!

But Lynn's chirs cat was fater. :D

9 Lives 11-01-2006 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rippem
I'm thinking that handsome "feller" with the 50 IQ is back to do less than contribute to intelligent responsible discussion.

It appears that the newly registered today GREAT SOUTH WHALE has also been "Banned". :D Again, not my doing.

Thanks again OSO

SHARKEY-IMAGES 11-01-2006 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by SLOWOUTBOARD
why werent the OL's allowed to race? what was the reason?

Perhaps this will enlighten you....

TeamSaris 11-01-2006 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
Stellar numbers for who ever builds it.

Congrats to who has one that hauls like that.

Thats probably the most mature post on this whole thread. LMAO :D

Rippem 11-01-2006 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Thats probably the most mature post on this whole thread. LMAO :D

yea, there's certianly nothing mature about discussing speed and safety. :p

FeverMike 11-01-2006 07:47 PM

Does anyone know if this new 35 Lightning has more leg room at the helm compared to the 35EX? I went to sit in an EX today and know way possible could I get my legs under the dash. the bottom of the dash hit right below my knee and would not let me sit or lean into the bolster. Very very small boat.
I am thinking of downsizing from my huge 38TE and get back into a performance boat but I still need to fit.

TeamSaris 11-01-2006 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rippem
yea, there's certianly nothing mature about discussing speed and safety. :p

I was just kidding i wasnt reading a lot of them. :D

tnothin 11-01-2006 09:35 PM

BLA BLA BLA BLA. Fountain is the winningest boat out there OL is the chalenger. THey both have had so called excuses, and if you had to break down the brief history of their head 2 head competition, Fountain has a better record. I mean that Skater V is really fast and Fountain beats them 70% of the time. I dont think Reggie is scared, nor do I think Mike is scared.

BOTTOM LINE....They both need to stop acting like a bunch of Heavyweight title fight promoters, and go out there and race. Start acting more like Nascar teams. And have some fun and go out and compete. Its just sad that this is too much about business and not about Racing Competition!!!!!!!!!!!

Expensive Date 11-01-2006 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Does anyone know if this new 35 Lightning has more leg room at the helm compared to the 35EX? I went to sit in an EX today and know way possible could I get my legs under the dash. the bottom of the dash hit right below my knee and would not let me sit or lean into the bolster. Very very small boat.
I am thinking of downsizing from my huge 38TE and get back into a performance boat but I still need to fit.

Its my understanding that its the same cockpit as a 38 lightning hope this helps