Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!! >

Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Notices

Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Old 10-26-2006, 09:48 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Post Re: Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Originally Posted by iamfaster
Simple answer..... their dealers and customers will expect those speeds and will most likely see them! on every new boat off the line and tested at the factory!
And in case they don't see those speeds :

"Be advised that performance figures are merely an estimate on what you can expect based on our factory testing program. The above listed speeds are verified by radar with one test driver and less than 10 gallons of fuel. Boat speeds and range can vary depending on weight, fuel load, number of passengers, air temperature, altitude, humidity, barometric pressure, water conditions, wind, engine tuning, horsepower (HP) variance from engine to engine, propellors and numerous other factors beyond our control."

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

I heard a rumor on the new 42 with trip 525's staggered.Have they run it yet?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine

"Be advised that performance figures are merely an estimate on what you can expect based on our factory testing program. The above listed speeds are verified by radar with one test driver and less than 10 gallons of fuel. Boat speeds and range can vary depending on weight, fuel load, number of passengers, air temperature, altitude, humidity, barometric pressure, water conditions, wind, engine tuning, horsepower (HP) variance from engine to engine, propellors and numerous other factors beyond our control."
yea...

how often is it that you hear a Fountain owner yapping about his boat running what's on the "performance report"? Not too often...

most often that figure gives him something to chase...
"I know she's got another ________ MPH (fill in the blank) in her, Reggie says so" and besides that, that ________ MPH (that I'm not seeing) is bought and paid for.

So OK, a ringer tuned, staggered nontheless, 33 ft boat runs 100+ on what is at least 1100 HP, shortie drives (how's it come over?) and 5K props...

this is earth-shattering??
Old 10-27-2006, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Queeeeestion.....

How in the world can ya believe Reggies gonna be straight up with anything after the Cat Killer fiasco? To me he lost all credibility after that one to claim anything as real.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine

IS THIS A FOUNTAIN FACTORY QUOTE OR ANOTHER FOUNTAIN HATER QUOTE IT SEEMS THE ONLY PUBLICITY OL GETS THESE DAYS IS EITHER RUNNING OUT OF FUEL OR LYING ON THE BOTTOM AT THE LARGEST BOAT SHOW IN THE WORLD
Old 10-27-2006, 08:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Me too! I have been hearing about this boat for almost 2 years now. Any word on it?

Mike, I saw it at the show yesterday. I was told 66 mph with triple 275 verados. They are building one right now with quads.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
Mike, I saw it at the show yesterday. I was told 66 mph with triple 275 verados. They are building one right now with quads.
Thanks Mike....how's the show? 66mph is that all with triple 275's! No thanks I will stick with my wider beam, bigger and faster 38TE Fountain! Did they say what fuel milegae it get's? I would imagine it's a wet hull and it burns more fuel than the Fountain 38TE. Quads might get them to around 72-73mph but the fuel that pig will burn and still only go the same speed as a 38TE Fountain.....hummmm
Old 10-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rippem
yea...

how often is it that you hear a Fountain owner yapping about his boat running what's on the "performance report"? Not too often...

most often that figure gives him something to chase...
Both my Fountains were 2mph faster than performance report from factory. The engine/drives loosens up a bit. And I find ideal conditions which Factory doesn't care. Boat done, run it, ship it out.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:17 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

SLOWOUTBOARD,

For one thing, I don't hate Fountains.

Now if you are such a Fountainatic, you would know that is at the bottom of the Fountain ads...

That quote was directly from Hot Boat Mag Nov/Dec 2006 issue.

Open the cover and read the fine print.

Just because they get their test boat to do those speeds with who knows what HP, doesn't mean they have to make the production ones do the same.

You must be on another planet if you think OL doesn't get much publicity...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 10-27-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Fountain Powerboats Hosts Fourth Annual Dealer Meeting
Wednesday October 25, 9:45 am ET

Company Introduces Three New Boats at Dealer Meeting

"We also introduced the new 35' Lightning with significant enhancements to its deck and interior. The 35' Lightning is powered by two 525 horsepower Mercury engines for a top speed of 103 MPH"

That's smoking for a stock pleasure boat with 525's.

WASHINGTON, NC--(MARKET WIRE)--Oct 25, 2006 -- Fountain Powerboat Industries, Inc. (AMEX:FPB - News), a leading manufacturer of high performance sport boats, fish boats and express cruisers, announced today that more than 150 people attended their annual dealer meeting on October 16-17, 2006, held at the Fountain factory and Greenville Convention Center in Greenville, North Carolina.
ADVERTISEMENT

"We also introduced the new 35' Lightning with significant enhancements to its deck and interior. The 35' Lightning is powered by two 525 horsepower Mercury engines for a top speed of 103 MPH. And," continued Knight, "the dealers were very, very impressed with Fountain's first-ever the new 35' Lightening "SUB KILLER" that we will unveil to the public at the upcoming International Boat Show in Miami, Florida.No release as to power or speeds expected while submerged.Do to the unveiling of Outerlimits new auto suberging features."

Last edited by sakoutis3; 10-27-2006 at 01:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.