Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Blower pulley psi question. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143640-blower-pulley-psi-question.html)

LubeJobs42 10-25-2006 09:36 AM

Blower pulley psi question.

I am currently running about 6.5lbs off boost. I have a 45 pulley on top and a 47 Pulley on the bottom. If I wanted to bump it to 9 to (.5 lbs of boost what would be the pulleys I need to change to? I know we can't get exact.

KiloKat 10-25-2006 09:44 AM

Re: Blower pulley psi question.

Because the PSI is a "screw" charger vs. a "root" model, you have to spin it a lot faster for the same amount of boost increase. Would definately go larger on bottom if possible before going too small on top and begin to have belt issues. Might want to chech with PSI themselves on tooth numbers to get ya close. :drink:

KNOT-RIGHT 10-25-2006 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Because the PSI is a "screw" charger vs. a "root" model, you have to spin it a lot faster for the same amount of boost increase. Would definately go larger on bottom if possible before going too small on top and begin to have belt issues. Might want to chech with PSI themselves on tooth numbers to get ya close. :drink:

Is he running PSI,s?

Oh by the way MR. Scott how do ya like the new MTI over
the Skater? Awsome Boat by the way!

Gino given the blower ratios
using 14-71 as guide you are 4.47% overdriven
taking it to 43 on top will take you to 9.30%
that will get you there.

Gerry

KNOT-RIGHT 10-25-2006 10:25 AM

Another thought increase the bottom pulley that way you will have more room to go more if needed later.

Because the 43 top pulley is the smallest they make.

Go to a 49 on bottom this will overdrive it to 8.89%which
also should get you there.

I take it your carbed if so remember to check cylinder#2
plug it will be the leanest.

Call me anytime
Gerry
401-255-5242

customryder 10-25-2006 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I am currently running about 6.5lbs off boost. I have a 45 pulley on top and a 47 Pulley on the bottom. If I wanted to bump it to 9 to (.5 lbs of boost what would be the pulleys I need to change to? I know we can't get exact.

I would call Dean Gellner before you do that. 440 476 3558 he can lead you in the right direction.
Jeff

KNOT-RIGHT 10-25-2006 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by customryder
I would call Dean Gellner before you do that. 440 476 3558 he can lead you in the right direction.
Jeff

I guess you got him on speed dial too?

LubeJobs42 10-25-2006 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by KiloKat

Hi Dave, Sorry about that. I said Psi meaning pressure. I have 14-71 shop blower!!

KNOT-RIGHT 10-25-2006 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Hi Dave, Sorry about that. I said Psi meaning pressure. I have 14-71 shop blower!!

The info I gave you is from the Blower Shop :cool:

customryder 10-25-2006 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT
I guess you got him on speed dial too?

yep :D look for him in the next powerboat mag.

ultimate cat 10-25-2006 07:49 PM

Gino. we have a large selection of pulleys we have been running on keiths old skater.. just changed to psi blowers and different carbs .. with the 14/71 we were 51 bottom 52 top 6.5 lbs .. 52 bottom 50 top 8 lbs .. 52 bottom 46 top 11 lbs .. currently with the psi blowers,69 bottom 44 top 15psi .. but we do have some 88 bottom pulleys if needed.. if you need any pulleys let me know ..Nick got a great deal on a 16 donzi if your still looking. 813-417-6424 Nick..