Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lets rebuild a Cigarette. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143877-lets-rebuild-cigarette.html)

9 Lives 10-28-2006 08:05 PM

Re: Lets rebuild a Cigarette.

TRICK MARINE at Lake of the Ozarks . How cool is that?

We can't wait.......

Back4More 10-28-2006 09:14 PM

By the time your done...$100K, Buy the new 39 UL. :D

cig1988 10-29-2006 03:18 AM

Unless your doing alot of the work yourself its not worth it after all is said and done. If you decide to upgrade into something bigger and better several years down the road it will be a financial disaster. Lakeluvr has a mint Bullet and located in LOTO. I would consider that boat if I were you.

birdog 10-29-2006 04:54 AM

I have been down this road.....Unless you do the labor yourself and love doing it...You will lose your arse..BIG time....

Buy a nice clean one and use it...slowly, over time rebuild it when you find deals. You will still be "upside-down" but, you get to enjoy the boat.

I have never totaled all the bills from my Bullet and....I aint gonna !!!! :D

cig1988 10-29-2006 05:12 AM

I have never totaled all the bills from my Bullet and....I aint gonna !!!!

Pantera1 10-29-2006 06:50 AM

Heres a sweet candidate
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-...QQcmdZViewItem

LubeJobs42 10-29-2006 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Don't do it..... You will be as they say UNDER THE BUS. Buy one finished !

LS

I rerigged my Motion last year. Big mistake. Things get out of hand very quickly. Before starting the project I thought I had a good estimate of what I would be spending. Wasn't even close. Your constantly faced with the decision, I can pay this much for used or for a little more, I can get new. Then, for a little more I can get this brand new really cool one instead of the same one everyone else has. Believe me, you will pull your hair out. Thank goodness Fred from Trick helped me out the whole way with great prices or I wouldn't have been able to eat! There are a lot of deals out there, spend your time and money on looking for one! I'll NEVER do it again! If you do, Talk to Fred from Trick, he will steer you in the right direction.

Jupiter Sunsation 10-29-2006 06:58 AM

Don't forget the ending to your quest as well. A nice boat for someone else to buy at 1/2 your investment because the buyer will have to pay cash since an older boat is unfinanceable.

Stecz Cafe Racer and Pool Whore's Pink Flamingo TG are the best two deals out there on used Cigarettes.

Pantera1 10-29-2006 07:14 AM

Its got to be a labor of love.. I realy enjoy working on boats when I can find the time. Boats are a depreciating asset no matter how you work it.. Yes a good used boat will minimize your losses, thats if you can find one that you dont want to immediatly start altering to your specs.

klaw 10-29-2006 08:52 AM

well labor sof love are never justified
There have been 4-5 of us on the board who have or had bullets and done alot of work to them I agree wiyth the recommendations buy a running used one and spend a few years doing all you want to it
I picked up a couple used 500 hps for 6000 complete one had a dropped valve cost about 15k but they are great running 565 hp motors now got 5k for my old 4544/365s helped in cost
sweat equity is best way to save money I did dash and guages myself also ddid hydraulic steering myself
if you remove and replace interior yours4elf that also is a savings
good luck there a few of us who can give you alot of good advice if you need it and decide on this project