Notices

3M invisable bra, any info?

Old 10-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 3M invisable bra, any info?

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
PRA said u wouldnt spill! Hmm
Heres the boat at the last run, the hatches were up the whole time.
Attached Thumbnails 3M invisable bra, any info?-img_0846-large-.jpg  
Old 10-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try the better tint shops down there. I know there's a million of them. If tint king is still there try them. I know there was one in hollywood . Most of the material is made by the tint mfgrs.

Jim Luck - [email protected]
1975 NW 18 Street
Pompano Beach, FL 33069
Phone 954-960-0212
Fax 954-969-8083

This guy was listed on the clearshield web site and it shows he has a computer cut plotter too. I carry the same brand here. there were other dealers listed too , www.clearshield.com
Old 10-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
realistically on the Murcielago you will be paying from 1300-1600 and up for the complete coverage. we have the only kits out that you can do the complete hood, or the complete front fenders. We have a carrera GT in our booth at SEMA that we designed kits for the whole car to be covered, it was drawing a crowd today at set up. But like anything else you get what you pay for,meaning if a guy says he can do your 175K car for 800 bucks, you will get an 800 dollar job. I wouldnt recommend anyone else in south fla. Pepi does all the Bentlys and Lambos at a real high end deealer there, I forgot the name of them but they handled my boat deal with Victor as well. Pepi's wife Wendy will probably answer the phone, tell her you know me. I'm not sure if they are going to Vegas tomorrow. I have a 6 am flight from MD.
The car is pearl yellow, will it take away from the look of the paint? Does it take away the depth of the paint?
Old 10-30-2006, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
The car is pearl yellow, will it take away from the look of the paint? Does it take away the depth of the paint?
nope, that is the perfect color for it, it will blend in perfectly. The only time you have the fading is if someone uses a non clear coated film and the pores of it will absorb and start to look dull. also use a product called plexus on it, keeps the plasticisers active and supple.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Gino,

That stuff won't protect your car/ boat from the bad luck they are exposed to with you being around.
Listen, I was very late for a doctors apt today. I got pulled over doing 60 in a 35 in my Freightliner by a Motorcycle cop with radar. I thought I was done. I told him my new Radar detector didn't even go off. I talked with him about the truck, gave him a couple of Lubejobs T-shirts and he gave me a tickket for no License or proof of ins. Both are $7.50 each with proof. My luck is changing for the better!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
nope, that is the perfect color for it, it will blend in perfectly. The only time you have the fading is if someone uses a non clear coated film and the pores of it will absorb and start to look dull. also use a product called plexus on it, keeps the plasticisers active and supple.
Thank you Rob!!
Old 10-31-2006, 06:09 AM
Registered

Talking Re: 3M invisable bra, any info?

Check 3M web site for product info and certified installers in your area.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:56 PM
Registered

I spoke to several people today. I heard thepaind oxidizes under the film. It also magnifies the sun and changes the paint color quickly, espically in the Florida sun. Is this true?
Old 10-31-2006, 11:27 PM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.

what does it really matter gino?? THIS will most likley happen to you within a few weeks anyway
Old 11-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Gino, I have had clear bras on a few cars and never ever had any trouble. I currently have this stuff on my Porsche Carrera S and it has saved the paint quite a few times.
Take offshoredrillin's advice and call his friend Pepi and also call Shelton Ferrari and Champion Motorsports and ask them who does there clear bra work. I've seen cars at both these dealers with clear bra's and they looked perfect. Also DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR until you have the clear bra installed and make sure they do the mirrors. You can do a full hood or half or 1/4 hood.

Quick Reply: 3M invisable bra, any info?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.