Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   3M invisable bra, any info? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/144027-3m-invisable-bra-any-info.html)

LubeJobs42 11-01-2006 11:14 AM

Re: 3M invisable bra, any info?

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Gino, I have had clear bras on a few cars and never ever had any trouble. I currently have this stuff on my Porsche Carrera S and it has saved the paint quite a few times.
Take offshoredrillin's advice and call his friend Pepi and also call Shelton Ferrari and Champion Motorsports and ask them who does there clear bra work. I've seen cars at both these dealers with clear bra's and they looked perfect. Also DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR until you have the clear bra installed and make sure they do the mirrors. You can do a full hood or half or 1/4 hood.

Thank you! I will do exactly that. I get tons of rock chips, I would hate to get them on this! Paint has to be a ***** to match!

StraightJacket 11-01-2006 01:28 PM

I'm just poor white trash and I mean no offense to you Gino but as far as you concern about the effects on the paint I understand completely,BUT your worried about they cost. I have alot of $hit but thats exactly what it is. Like I said no offense just my .02 .

packinair 11-01-2006 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by StraightJacket
I'm just poor white trash and I mean no offense to you Gino but as far as you concern about the effects on the paint I understand completely,BUT your worried about they cost. I have alot of $hit but thats exactly what it is. Like I said no offense just my .02 .

just because someone might have some extra coin laying around doesn't mean that they want to be overcharged. they didn't get the stuff by being taken advantage of

wananewboat 11-01-2006 01:43 PM

At what bar could one find one of those Lubejobs T-Shirts in KW? :evilb:

AIR TIME 11-01-2006 03:34 PM

All right I missed this what is LUBE JOB ? I thought GINO owned a bunch of quick lubes for cars ?:rolleyes: :D And nice ride Gino on the new car, and the you get what you pay is not RIGHT I design and sell custom rugs to the design trade my prices are half of my competition and my backing and yarns are a higher grade. they have names they live off from the past. So gino check out some of the work these guys are doing then have it done it could be the guy at 1600 is the best or the guy at 1100 is just as good ,its all on overhead to me.

TeamSaris 11-01-2006 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Heres the boat at the last run, the hatches were up the whole time.

Now dats cool! :cool:

LubeJobs42 11-01-2006 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by StraightJacket

After checking, Some people will do the job for $600. The lambo dealer gets $3000 and they don't do it themselves, they use the guy that charges $600. Too little and it could be junk film, too much and I may be getting screwed. I wasn't be cheap, just trying to find out what to expect. There's your .02 cents worth.

LubeJobs42 11-01-2006 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by wananewboat
At what bar could one find one of those Lubejobs T-Shirts in KW? :evilb:

PM your address and size and I'll send you 1.

LubeJobs42 11-01-2006 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
All right I missed this what is LUBE JOB ? I thought GINO owned a bunch of quick lubes for cars ?:rolleyes: :D And nice ride Gino on the new car, and the you get what you pay is not RIGHT I design and sell custom rugs to the design trade my prices are half of my competition and my backing and yarns are a higher grade. they have names they live off from the past. So gino check out some of the work these guys are doing then have it done it could be the guy at 1600 is the best or the guy at 1100 is just as good ,its all on overhead to me.

Actually, it's not exactly quick lubes. I have trucks that go to the custmers location and service and repair their comapany vehicles. We service everything from sales cars, trucks, semis, forklifts up to offroad heavy equipment. Boring but it pays the bills.

chevyzq8 11-01-2006 09:03 PM

Here's my 2 cents from a guy who has used and installed the 3M. IT SUCKS! It's too thick and it turns cloudy/yellowish after a few months in the sun, PLUS after a few washes it looks dull.

Now that doesn't mean I wouldn't do it, but I have switched to using the Bekaert product which is far superior in quality. I've put it on my boat trailer and it still looks great to this day, can barely tell it's there.

Check out there website: http://www.clearshield.com/

Bekaert is one of the leaders in window tint manufacturing (them and llumar). I guess I'm just pasionate about the product :D