Notices

West End, Tortola BVI

Old 09-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default West End, Tortola BVI

anyone ever looked around down there?

I saw a 31 Cigarette Decathlon behind Pussers but no one knew anything about it...probably cost too much to bring it back to the states, but my buddy was interested in it...

Any info?

also saw an orange 32 Skater sitting in the weeds...
Old 09-19-2006, 01:10 PM
jtmiller02

Default Re: West End, Tortola BVI

There were a few nice boats down in the USVI when I was there last year, one outerlimits and a Cig Tiger I saw a few times. Never made it over to west end of Tortola though...shipping is crazy to get a boat down there, so I'm sure its just as bad the other way.

Old 09-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Just got back from there in July. There is all kinds of offshore boats sitting around, but most of them have had a rough life. I did see a really nice Top Gun at Pussers, and there are a handful of nice Powerplays with egg beaters. I did not see the Decathlon in question, and I scoped out the place pretty good. I couldn't believe all the power boats sitting around. If you don't find a boat grab a painkiller and stay a week. Tortola is amazing.

Originally Posted by Sean
anyone ever looked around down there?

I saw a 31 Cigarette Decathlon behind Pussers but no one knew anything about it...probably cost too much to bring it back to the states, but my buddy was interested in it...

Any info?

also saw an orange 32 Skater sitting in the weeds...
Old 09-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Registered

I love West End and the BVI's... We were there in Dec. 05 and had "mostly" a good time... Although be VERY VERY care when swimming around areas that dinghy's operate... They can hurt you!!!

http://www.benhedrick.com/accident.htm
Old 09-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

damn, you're lucky to be alive.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:32 PM
jtmiller02

holy crap man, lucky to be alive is right, not to mention the half ass hospitals down there...thank god i never ended up in one

my main hangouts were in the usvi, but still loved to hit up jost and willy t

Old 09-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Registered

Yeah, that's why they call me "Lucky"... Oh wait a minute, they don't... But they should!!!
Yes, I am VERY lucky to be alive. The rigid inflatable that hit me was doing 25 mph and it hit me square in the head first and then ran down my back and right shoulder. I was snorkeling in a "protected" area with a dive flag. The "drunk German" who hit me, said that he didn't know what the flag meant, and he never saw me. I had 12+" of cuts on my head and another 5" on my back. The entire story of the incident should be in a book and it's way too long to write here. I am doing OK now, but I have had a headache since it happened Dec. 30, 2005. Oh and the accident happened the second day we got there on a 11 day private chartered trip.
Many others just like me haven't survived the exact same accident...

Ben

PS: And if you haven't already go to my site and read my first page: www.BenHedrick.com
Old 09-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

geez ben...you are lucky to be alive!

we did a private 7 day charter back in feb on the mcgregor II; one of the few crewed powerboats available down there(a 58 Hatteras Yachtfish).

lots of bare boat snailbotes around run by anyone with a credit card... it was pretty scary to see...

looks like many offshore boats go down there to die...

the decathlon was out the back door of pussers and to the left. there were a couple of powerplays over there near the cig.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Ben,
That's incredible! In my book, you are a LUCKY dog to be alive! Reminds me of the time I stood up too fast in the engine compartment of my old Velocity and smashed my head on the hatch actuator mount, Ripped open my scalp, I jumped out of the boat, (boat on the trailer in the driveway) grab a towel out of the garage and drove myself to the hospital! 26 stitches later, I was ready to go boating, but the doc said NO!
Glad you made it!
Dean
Old 09-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Registered

Thanks guys for the well wishes. And just call me lucky. I hope to go back down to the BVI and especially West End, as we really did have a good time. Well "most" of the time...
I think next time we want to stay at Saba Rock. And if you ever go there get the Fish Tacos. They're GREAT with a cold beer!!! Alright, most things are...

Ben

PS: And again, watch out for the "other guy"...

Quick Reply: West End, Tortola BVI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.